Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

CrashTECH wrote:
I will say though, IW did an amazing job with the game and balancing it for multiplayer! I have found that it is a little bit easier to be competitive on XBL. I enjoyed World at War's multiplayer, but sometimes it was difficult to be consistently competitive and I would normally finish towards the middle with a very rare top 3 finish (for the team). I had several games last night with higher K/D ratios (one game I was + 19).

I definitely recommend this game.

Yeah I'll agree and I'll recommend this game, its very good outside of the bad reviews people gave it. I personally own the PS3 Version & 2 PC copies. Both seem very competitive, have yet to go online with the PS3 as far as MP goes did have a blast with Spec Ops both on PC/Console.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

CrashTECH wrote:
Don't buy MW2, you'll end up like this kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY

That kid was neither old enough to have purchased COD4, WAW, or MW2 himself, nor mature enough to be playing My Little Pony Picnic Party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:32 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

It seems that steam is preoccupied with left4dead 2 and is refusing to serve up anything else. which means when i try to start mw2 it says too busy but everyone else running l4d2 has no problems at all.

That just pisses me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:07 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

So the lesson here is don't buy Steam games, buy retail like I do and have no problems. :wink:

Nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:52 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

luckily it seems to be back up now.

anyways MW2 forces you to use steam. Which is some major suck

The only thing retail gets you with MW2 is the convienence of not having to download the 16gb file to install. Other than that its steam all the way through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:31 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Spacegy4 wrote:
luckily it seems to be back up now.

anyways MW2 forces you to use steam. Which is some major suck

The only thing retail gets you with MW2 is the convienence of not having to download the 16gb file to install. Other than that its steam all the way through.
Which is stupid and annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:13 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

I am actually considering trying to get a refund for my PC version...

The only real reason I bought it was for LAN play... I enjoy my xbox far more but that doesn't work for LAN parties so well...

If you want, I found IW's contact information:

Infinity Ward
100 Ocean Park Blvd
Santa Monica, CA, 90405-3032

Web: www.infinityward.com
Ph#: +1.818.386.0072

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:40 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Does it offer LAN play?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:54 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Jipstyle wrote:
Does it offer LAN play?
No dedicated servers, you have to use IWNet or whatever the fuck it is...

So far, from what I have seen, it will be utterly useless to me from that perspective. They really have done a number on the game. The multiplayer is fine I am sure, as XBL doesn't have a dedicated server set up... the problem is for LANs and modding. Setting your own rules for your clan, things like that.

I understand (to an extent) them wanting the game to be played as they designed it, but being able to modify (if I wanted to) a game was what attracted me to the PC as a gaming platform.

It is almost to the point where it is a hassle to play games on the PC with all of their activation, requiring things to be connected to steam, removing dedicated server, etc. The modding community is what keeps games alive after the first year or so of their life. Taking that out, kills it.

But unfortunately, Developers are starting to care less about the PC and are targeting consoles... which is fine, they have it's place... but for people like me and most of my friends, we'd end up buying both versions of the game. At face value, that is $120. It has become impossible for me to justify purchasing the PC version... when it is not even a PC game, just one you can play on the PC. So they lose my $60, or whatever it comes to after marketing etc.

For fucks sake, I had to crack Company of Heroes so I could play the game. I BOUGHT IT. I still had to download a hack to play something I purchased.

Then again. piracy is going to be why MW2 won't sell well on PC. =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:22 pm 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

I don't understand why they didn't have servers as an option, have a "quick match" option which uses their matchmaking, and then have an "server match" option. wouldn't that have pleased everybody?

and then Crash could have his LAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:29 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Played through the singleplayer again. (spoiler removed)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

I edited out your spoiler. :)

It wasn't a big one, but be careful in the future with those :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Gailim wrote:
I don't understand why they didn't have servers as an option, have a "quick match" option which uses their matchmaking, and then have an "server match" option. wouldn't that have pleased everybody?

This is what a lot of people have been saying.

The biggest alternative for me is keep the game and wait till it gets cracked, but honestly, that is lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

CrashTECH wrote:
Gailim wrote:

The biggest alternative for me is keep the game and wait till it gets cracked, but honestly, that is lame.

Look for IW to put a patch in that brings Dedicated servers soon, I've played CoD:MW2 in competitive fashion using clan ladders and it went well, but I do hope they bring in dedicated servers soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:26 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Gailim wrote:

Quite simply, they didn't want to spend the money and programming time to code it. Since their focus is obviously on the console, and there's no dedicated servers on the console, why spend the money on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:32 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

jcollins wrote:
Gailim wrote:

Quite simply, they didn't want to spend the money and programming time to code it. Since their focus is obviously on the console, and there's no dedicated servers on the console, why spend the money on it?
Do you really think that stuff gets re-coded every time? No way! They code base exists, they just decided to cut it out. They didn't just decide to not code it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:33 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Sniper2k1 wrote:
CrashTECH wrote:
Gailim wrote:

Look for IW to put a patch in that brings Dedicated servers soon, I've played CoD:MW2 in competitive fashion using clan ladders and it went well, but I do hope they bring in dedicated servers soon.
Like I said, they need to do something or else the game is worthless to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:08 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Im enjoying the game but Im bored with the max 9^9. I miss my COD4 chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:06 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

GBH wrote:
Im enjoying the game but Im bored with the max 9^9. I miss my COD4 chaos

Whats stopping you from going back and playing MW4? It's still a great game. I play MW4 and even load up UO and COD2 from time to time. They are still a blast to play if you can find a server.

As for IWNET I don't get any worse pings now then I did with COD4. I expected it to be a tad worse but for the most part its unnoticeable. I'm 38 levels in and I've only had 2 host migrations (the first one was at level 30ish too). Both times my ping didn't get worse with the new host.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:08 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

I have seen about 5-7 host migrations in ~ 12 hours of XBL play... FWIW.

I doubt there really is a ping problem. The biggest loss is being able to have LAN parties and custom servers for your clan etc. Which shouldn't have been removed in the first place, IMO.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next