Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:12 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Bloody hell its a game....you kill ppl....then they re spawn....its not reel lol
I found the airport lvl fun as hell,killing everyone why not eh its only a game not reel life geez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:03 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

iPood wrote:
Just finished playing the entire game, holy crap what an ending! :shock:
inorite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:33 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Multiplayer is too laggy to be considered playable, dedicated servers mean 100+mb/s down and up speed not 1-3 which the average user gets. If you want a multiplayer game DO NOT buy MW2 it is terrible. And I have to unlock hardcore mode wtf IW I didn't pay $1000+ so I can play xbox games, I expect pc games and will never buy another game from IW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:48 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Danthrax66 wrote:
Multiplayer is too laggy to be considered playable, dedicated servers mean 100+mb/s down and up speed not 1-3 which the average user gets. If you want a multiplayer game DO NOT buy MW2 it is terrible. And I have to unlock hardcore mode wtf IW I didn't pay $1000+ so I can play xbox games, I expect pc games and will never buy another game from IW.

Must be the servers you've picked that are laggy. I've been playing MP MW2 without lag. I'll agree with a part you said regarding the dedicated server but I'll disagree with you about don't buy MW2 for the MP, Its not terrible infact its plain awesome specially on MP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:55 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Danthrax66 wrote:

If anyone writes a game that requires 1+ mps of bandwidth, they should be shot. 100+? Ridiculous and unnecessary ... esp. for a game that allows only 17 max connections. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:12 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Yeah actually most servers are at data centers and they have 100+mb/s connections the higher the bandwidth the lower the ping. Also normal pc games can have more than 18 players like 32 to 50; battlefield has 60 so it is necessary. And there are no servers to pick from its all match making. And if the host's pc is terrible the game is also going to be laggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Danthrax66 wrote:
Yeah actually most servers are at data centers and they have 100+mb/s connections the higher the bandwidth the lower the ping. Also normal pc games can have more than 18 players like 32 to 50; battlefield has 60 so it is necessary. And there are no servers to pick from its all match making. And if the host's pc is terrible the game is also going to be laggy.

Don't they also host hundreds of server per line though?

I mean, iirc, a game like TF2 with 18 players only uses 1 mb/s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:21 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Haha wow, someone ALREADY cobbled together a way to play with servers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Any LAN Experiences?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:13 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Danthrax66 wrote:
Really?

Do you know what gigabit ethernet is?

sounds like somebody is failing at life and is just butt hurt about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

CrashTECH wrote:
Danthrax66 wrote:
Really?

Do you know what gigabit ethernet is?

sounds like somebody is failing at life and is just butt hurt about it?

You know, gigabit is overkill. A simple 10/100 would be sufficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:41 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

True... but the main point I should have made (I have been super exhausted all weekend, I wonder why? lol) that dedicated servers do NOT mean 100 mbps anyway. It is ALWAYS limited by connection speed. the only place where that speed could possibly be seen (and it isn't even seen then) is on a local LAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:13 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

lulz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:59 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I'm sure soon enough Dedicated servers will be in the game via a patch, but then your going to have complainers about no Mods etc. I do agree a Dedicated Server would be great but really not much needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:56 am 
Willamette
Willamette

I think they'd shut up a lot of complaints if they announced they were going to add in dedicated servers (and mods, etc) like in MW1 in the PC version. However, right now, I doubt they'll put the resources in. They've been rewarded with mega sales off their current console planning. PC sales are obviously not their focus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:44 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Sniper2k1 wrote:
I'm sure soon enough Dedicated servers will be in the game via a patch, but then your going to have complainers about no Mods etc. I do agree a Dedicated Server would be great but really not much needed.
Dedicated servers are a must for LAN parties IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:59 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Danthrax66 wrote:
Yeah actually most servers are at data centers and they have 100+mb/s connections

That is because commercial servers offer hundreds of games to thousands of gamers.

Quote:
the higher the bandwidth the lower the ping.

No. That is completely and utterly incorrect. You fail. Go back to networking class.

Ping is a measure of response time, not bandwidth.

Quote:
Also normal pc games can have more than 18 players like 32 to 50; battlefield has 60 so it is necessary. And there are no servers to pick from its all match making. And if the host's pc is terrible the game is also going to be laggy.

Oooo ... k ... not sure where your argument is in that mess, so I'll just address the last line. Yes, if the host's PC and bandwidth are sub-par, so will be the gaming experience. However, both of those things can be tested by the game .. it can determine your processing power, latency, etc., and if you suck .. you won't be the host. Neat, huh?

MW2 has, apparently, a very nifty new system to determining who hosts, and how to match up gamers .. so why don't we leave the performance analysis until we actually play the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Don't buy MW2, you'll end up like this kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:49 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

CrashTECH wrote:
Don't buy MW2, you'll end up like this kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY

After watching that Video, not being mean or anything in that matter but I cannot stop laughing at it specially on what happens, might be better not to play 17 hours straight like that kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:28 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

I will say though, IW did an amazing job with the game and balancing it for multiplayer! I have found that it is a little bit easier to be competitive on XBL. I enjoyed World at War's multiplayer, but sometimes it was difficult to be consistently competitive and I would normally finish towards the middle with a very rare top 3 finish (for the team). I had several games last night with higher K/D ratios (one game I was + 19).

I definitely recommend this game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next