Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: has anyone here ever used 3d gaming goggles??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:15 am 

if your answer is yes, than how are they?...me and a bud are thinking of trying one of these out, so far the X-Force 3D glasses sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:40 am 

Don't buy them.

I bought an expensive one a few years back and if I knew what I know now, I wouldn't buy it. I originally bought it because of the cool effect and this awsome demo where I saw creatures in actual 3D. I was hooked. But this feeling will not last and after awhile, the 3D became more irritating (colors were a bit off, things looked too artificial, etc) and now I just play games with a good monitor. Here's my analogy: It felt like playing a FPS game with a force feedback control pad... cool, but after awhile, you want to go back to the old keyboard/mouse. There are some really incredible things that can be done with the right equipment (the IMAX dinosaur 3D movie, for example), but the technology for 3D games is not there yet. You can get better "immersive effect" by getting good 5.1+ speakers. The less "stuff" you have between your eyeball and the monitor, the better IMHO.

Post subject: Re: has anyone here ever used 3d gaming goggles??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:51 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Flaming Ninja X wrote:
if your answer is yes, than how are they?...me and a bud are thinking of trying one of these out, so far the X-Force 3D glasses sounds good.

Tryed them on games (not the model you're looking at) and it wasn't for me. Your milage may vary. It screwed with my perception. I wanted to look at things, and my eyes weren't moving fast enough to react.

I have recently put on a set for regular movie display and they were awesome! They are for, like, in car video and make it look like you're watching a big screen. I'd want one of those, but 1)I'd get sick if I were a passenger 2) I'd have no use watching it in a parked car.

Be neat in the house though. Pretty soon, we'll all be plugged in to these things...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:10 am 

well, i found a pare of 3d goggles at edimensional.com, and there are some great reviews from many gaming websites, and its only about 70$, so im ganna give them a try as soon as i get my new pc built, so thx anyways, i guess i just need to know for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:36 am 

Tell us how everything goes when u get ur new stuff! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:32 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

They're more of a novelty than a full time gaming feature. It won't enhance your game play or skill in FPS's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:06 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Yes.

They work, but the effect wasn't great, it made playing games harder, and gave me a headache.

Unless they are free, don't bother.