Awesome!!!! 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
Could be better... 61%  61%  [ 11 ]
THERE'S NO QUESTION! BEST GAME EVER!!!!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Halo 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:41 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Wow, I'm surprised this thread isn't on here already.

First, I'd just like to say, HOLY CRAP!!!! I love it. I stayed up for 6 hours last night playing it. I know so much more now than I ever did. What do you guys think of it? And please, even though I know a lot of the story, no spoilers! Not all of us have the game or have gtten through various parts that might surprise them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:42 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I want those lightsabre/talon things. That might be the clincher for me (how well they are executed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:01 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

so far it's pretty cool. i went through the first part as master chief. now i'm on the "other" missions. :wink: the sword is bada$$!!! i played bit of multiplayer on xbc. i must say, carjacking is the most gratifying function yet. kickin someone the hell off after they try to run you over is the BEST!!! still getting used to the double weilding trying to find a combination i like a lot. i don't really like the melee attack. as master chief when you melee he kinda sticks the gun out a bit longer than i would like. big levels are cool, but i was suprised to see the minor slow downs during the cut scenes. i think they pushed the xbox to the limit on this one. i don't really like how the main menu asks if you want to log into xbox live right of the bat. i know they're putting a big emphasis on that, but i don't think it's necessary to include it as one of the primary menu options. i'm not sure about the rest of the options yet, but configuring custom games take a bit longer b/c of the odd menu system. o well, i'll just have to get used to it. i like how only the host can start games...thank goodness for that. it was annoying as hell to have other people start the game when you didn't want. headsets do work over xbc. i heard people talking and i didn't even have mine plugged in. it was going throught the tv. being able to configure the game while already in the room is cool too. well, that's it for now. i still have to watch the bonus disk (i got the collector's edition) but at this rate, i probably won't get to that til the weekend. if anyone's on xbc, my sn is bematavisionz. i'm no elite so don't expect to have some crazy match with me. HAPPPY FRAGGING!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:31 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

I have to say I played the multiplayer a little bit yesterday (had to go to work) :( , and I loved it. I haven't played any campaign missions yet, but I'm sure they'll be just as good.

Now all I need is a bigger tv. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:43 pm 
Team Member/ Ex-Team Member/ Team Member
Team Member/ Ex-Team Member/ Team Member

Wake me up when it makes it to the pc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:08 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Jokerswild1 wrote:
Wake me up when it makes it to the pc.

::nod::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:33 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I think they'll speed the PC plug up a bit, seeing as the last time they did the plug, it was pretty successful, but it still didnt sell as many as XBox did. Halo sold XBoxes, not PC's, so that's what Halo2 will do, or Halo3 for XBox2. Who knows, maybe they will make XBox 2 compatible with your PC. just plug it in and it can work through your comp, or by itself on a regular TV. hey, that sounds like an idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:42 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

THE_MC wrote:
Now all I need is a bigger tv. :D

HELL YA!!! Screenshots i've looked at on gamespy look better than my tv!! man, it's time to upgrade my crappy 5 year old budget tv.

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
Halo sold XBoxes, not PC's, so that's what Halo2 will do, or Halo3 for XBox2.

Do you got info on the next halo? i read in an interview (i think off gamespy's website) that there are no plans for another halo in the near future. it won't be abandoned though, is what was said. i'll try to find that interview and put it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:49 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

o i found it.

GameSpy wrote:
GS: Can you tell us anything about the future for Bungie? I know there's been some things said that the next game won't be a Halo.

Frank O'Connor: Well, I can tell you that nobody at Bungie said that it will or it won't be, so it's definitely just a rumor. The only thing that I can tell you about what we'll do next is that Bungie will definitely make another game. You know, we'll get started on that, and that might be game singular, it could be game plural. You know how Bungie is, we'll announce it when we're ready to announce it.

Frank O'Connor is a content manager at Bungie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:52 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Oh, no, I never saw anything on a Halo 3, I was just saying that. I'm guessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:10 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

one of my console gaming punk friends said halo2 wasnt coming to PC. think he's full of BS cuz he thinks consoles are for l337. anyway i played halo 2 on his xbox and it was fun, certainly nothing as amazing as the first one was. so my review is more of the same. which isnt really a bad thing, but it got way overhyped IMO and i guess that reuined it. i think it shoulda been halo 1.1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:45 pm 
Team Badger
Team Badger

I don't have an XBOX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:38 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
campains is fun....not a good plat really.....7 fucking halos! WTF! multi-player lacks too....could be much better. they had 3 years to improve a game...how sad....u cant zoom in with pistol health is changed those team icons are weird picking ur character is annoying. levels suck. cant shoot beam with banshee on multi player. dont have good color choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:35 am 
Team Member
Team Member

DrSatan wrote:
.....7 fucking halos! WTF!

gg spoiling it... might as well just tell everybody that the chief dies... whoops! I mean.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:36 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
the story was so stupid anyways. they screwed it up. i may as well tell them that at the last level johnson helps the elites....whoops! story=weak. the books were better. *i read them*
btw, whats gg? good gob? shouldnt it be gj? good job? i really dont know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:54 am 
Team Member
Team Member

good goin... but wtf? johnson really helps the elites? or were you kiddin? I'm on like the 10th or 11th level, I belve there are 15 right? I'm close... I'm at the Brute-Elite war hunting the Prophet Truth. How close am I to the end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:58 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

honestly...i dont even know who johnson is... is he a guy in the game...idk. i dont play one player much. my friends told me this. the games campain gets gay and is stragne at the end. thats all i know. oh have u gotten to the part where they remote detonate all the halos? thats the best. i played it at my friends house. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:05 am 
Team Member
Team Member

lol, your full of shit. everybody knows that a Halo can only be activated manually from on the ring itself. and I belive johnson is one of the marines in the game, I could be wrong. the only names I remember from the game are Cortana, Master chief, the Arbitor, and 343 Guilty Spark (that damn robot got so friggin annoying!) oh, and Captain Keyes from the first one, so I guess I know his daughter. but otherwise, the story I just foloow by what the characters look like. the rest is just killing those stupid little alien fks.... and when I AM the alien (Elite, Arbitor, sweet...) I like to kill those stupid brute mthr fkers. once I get back to earth I get to kill both sets of stupid fks... I need a weapon.... wait, I have one....

I'll go away now, I promise....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:56 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

:wink: u got me. i no who johnson is and everything. i beat the game a while ago. ull see if im lying later 8) i was lying about actually destroying them all in this game...but ull have to see if im right or wrong...