Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Multiplayer problems...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:59 pm 

I'm not sure if this is a clinic question or a game question, so i apologize in advance if i posted in the wrong spot but...

I can't join ANY mutliplayer servers for a number of games... I rarely play multiplayer games online anymore, i usually stick with the bots, so i haven't noticed this problem until i recently purchased HL2/Counterstrike: Source over the steam network...

Doom 3 freezes when trying to connect, Ut2004 freezes when trying to connect, Halo demo is unable to connect, CS, of course, can't connect... (I've tried running them through their respective browsers and through gamespy too!)

I have played multiplayer online with these games before so what ever happened happened recently... Hmmmm might be service pack 2. (I have disabled the MS firewall option though) About a week ago my roomate brought a friend over and fiddled with his computer to check if someone hacked his computer (paranoid) would you have to change th router settings to do this?

What do you think it is? How do i trouble shoot this? Why i'm I able to get on the internet to type this post but not able to join a server?

I'm not a complete noob when it comes to computers but i don't really know what i'm doing when it comes to networking... Cable company installed the wireless system and router... Please Help Me! or my purchased copy of CS: Source is worthless! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:13 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Have you recently scanned for spyware?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:43 pm 

Well, I found the problem... The router was replaced by the cable company... So now i can enjoy CS! Hoot!

Thank you to the one ...the only guy that respond to this thread! May your CPU never fry!