Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wierd corruption in games (screenshots)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:43 pm 

OK, I dunno what the heck is going on. I can play UT2004 no problem, Doom3 no problem, but when I try to play Joint Operations and Counter-Strike: Source I get these lines coming out of objects. My video card isn't overclocked. I've tried Cat 4.8, 4.9, 4.10. I've reinserted my video card and memory.... anyone know what the problem could be??? Please help!

Here are some screenshots:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:19 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Ive seen this before in UT2004, it has nothing to do with your hardware. If you're playing online, check to make sure you've got a decent connection. Beyond that, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game after you've performed a defrag. Installing software on a frag'd drive can lead to a whole mess o' problems. The worst culprit of this by far is Command and Conquer Generals, but it happens on other games to. Also, make sure your resolution isn't set higher than your monitor can manage. This mostly occurs with LCD flat panel displays, however, it can happen with CRT monitors as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:12 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

In addition, try turning Vertical Sync on or off, seeing if that helps.

V-sync under control panels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:13 pm 
Team Badger
Team Badger

heat issues maybe but I doubt it.

Maybe a D3D issue, consult the MS knowledge base and the forums for those particular games. Novaworld and any one of the billion Halflife forums.. Maybe the steam forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:49 pm 

:cry: I've tried all of the above.. still nothing. I even reformatted my HD along with a fresh install of XP. I also tried using the Omega's. Anything else I should try??? Please help. I hope I'm not forced to buy another video card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:04 pm 
Team Badger
Team Badger

what is your video card? and for more help you might try introducing the question to the free clinic, ask one of the moderators first, they might move it. Otherwise people will get angry that you double posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:43 am 
like a rock - waitaminute, I AM a rock
like a rock - waitaminute, I AM a rock

Have you tried updating the bios on your graphics card? I had the same kinds of things happening in some DirectX Games and it was due to an old bios on my graphics card (Gainward Ti4600). I almost certain this isn't due to your monitor. The way the lines roughly follow the geometry of the game tells me it's a graphic issue.

I know when it happened on my screen it was almost impossible to get a screen shot of it because it happened so fast. So this might not be the same thing I had being that you have shots of it. Sometimes I would notice this issue and I could go back to the spot and it would do it over and over again. Other times it would be fine.