Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: easily listen to mp3s in game, without alt+tab!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:21 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Saw someone post how much they hate having to alt+tab out to change tracks / pause music and thought Id share a beautiful plugin ive been using for a while now.

Get winamp. get a plugin on there call "Sneaky Amp"

friggin excellent for listening to music while in game. you specify keystrokes to control winamp. ie: you need to specify a key (or word, but a single key is way easier) to let the plugin know to start "listening" , another key for the command you want to do (play, pause, etc) and a final key to let the plugin know to stop "listening" and to execute the command...

so for example, my "/" key starts the plugin commands, "\" stops it, than i have a key for play (my key="["), pause(]), next(.), prev(,) and toggle shuffle(;)....

say youre playin cs and its down to you and another guy and you wanna turn off your music your a sec... just a quick 3 keystroke command: "/]\" and voila, youve paused music.... intense crazy battle and a song from your celion deon collection comes on? press "/.\" in game and boom onto the next track....

i def recommend this for any gamer that love listening to mp3s in game as much as i do.... enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:02 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Hey if you meant me then thanks. I havn't been gaming recently but I definetly will be in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:23 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

NP!