Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: LAN Party in Grand Rapids, MI area
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:31 pm 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Anyone intersted, there is a LAN party goin on friday night to saturday in the coopersville area. Thought id mention if anyone wanted to come try out some Doom 3 fraggin. I heard something about free copies of Doom 3 when you get there, not sure on details yet. A friend of mine told me about it, figured id go and check it out. Anyone needing details, email me.

rick@landingzonecomputers.com

EDIT
Found out cost is $10 to get in, food and drink provided along with decent chairs and central air. Starts friday around 6ish, goes till sat night/sunday morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:21 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

That's a short hop, skip, and jump away from Kalamazoo. If I can get free this weekend, I'll pop up. Are you going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:54 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

i wish i could check it out the coast guard festival is going on this fri/sat and im gonna be busy there. it is really close to mer though, gh to coopersville is a 30min drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:10 pm 

Had I been notified about replies, I would have made it back here. LAN party went great, first one ive hosted for the company. Got $10/ person, about 15 people showed up. I provided the air conditioned room, very large, tables, chairs, food and drink. Big success I think for my first one. Learned a few things and im ready to host 1 again in september. This is gonna be a once a month thing here. From now on, its going to be $5 a person, bring your own food and drink. Money goes to pay for room rental and hardware for the LAN parties. I have purchased a 24 port switch this weekend, hookin up all the 5 ports everyone brought was a pain. I also told everyone they should order a 50ft cable and bring that with them next time. $10 shipped at newegg, definitely worth it, make things alot easier. Septembers party will pay for some nicer tables, long rectangular shaped ones. Played Doom 3, AvP2, Condition Zero, and BHD mainly. There were a few other games being played, and the usual file leeching and game stealing, lol. Everyone there got Doom 3, so there werent any complaints. It was alot of fun, cant wait to do the next one. Ill post the time and date here when i know it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:47 pm 

Alright!! I just got the notification that a reply was posted to my original thread!!! woohoo!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:10 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

ricksickle u should go wireless g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:21 pm 

Cant do wireless at a LAN, well, these LANs anyways. After everyone games for about 12 hours, they take breaks and browse everyone elses shared files. Not too fun playin a game wireless when someone is stealin a DVD or something, lol.