Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Preschoolers to get their own mobile phone games
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:32 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

BLURB

You don't see many preschoolers walking around with cellphones, but their parents usually have them. That is the driving force behind JAMDAT Mobile and Nickelodeon's new partnership to bring games based on preschool favorites "Dora the Explorer" and "Blue's Clues" to mobile phones. "Dora the Explorer" and "Blue's Clues" were chosen because they are the number one- and number two-rated shows for preschoolers according to Nielsen Media Research. If a parent is in a pinch to occupy his or her preschooler, the new mobile phone-based games may come in handy. Hopefully the little ones won't hit too many buttons and end up making a very expensive wireless call instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:44 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

It's all I can do to keep my 7yr old off my phone with the bowling game I have. They start putting Nickelodeon crap on there, I'll never receive another phone call :wink:

And don't even get me started on my rant with parents who are "in a pinch to occupy his or her preschooler." Life's too short to hand them a video game instead of our time, whether it be a GBA or a cell phone. Wait, mustn't rant....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:27 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Rant away. Too many people are handing over the care of their child to something electronic. Then in later years, they wonder why they've lost touch with their kid.

Gee, I wonder... :?:

Post subject: agreement
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:43 am 
BANNED
BANNED

Yep, my opinion = the same...

I hate that aspect of electronics... and on a PC Magazine (maybe it was MaxPC -- don't really know since I don't have one with me right now) an artical said that computer chips are being installed in children's clothing in Japan... to "keep them out of trouble"..... what kind of trouble?? Japan and the US have got to be the most technologically advanced with GPS and all... speaking of which, why not just use a GPS (hidden GPS so they won't even know it :lol: ) instead of this human chip?

Let's also put the end of the world in perspective: in the tribulation years, (reference to the Bible).... no, let's put this into prediction:
- most people studying theory of how the world will end predict it will be by computer chip. How? To identify every single person on earth... 'They' already want to plant chips in out passports... 'They' have experimented on the animals and some humans. 'They' involves all the world governments, scientists, and even that big world "peace" organization... and you and me
Well also stated in that column: "This chip could be used to track people"
- well, I think that is the full intention of the chip anyway. Trust me: if the world needs one currency of trade, a chip is the answer... and a security feature: if the chip is removed (in theory), the occupant would die...
Maybe not, but it is possible (especially when you watch all those high-tech movies... kinda makes ya wonder what They are capable of)
... but I'll say no to the chip, and not die by famine, plague or sword
I'll get raptured before then, hopefully. These chips are not even fine on a passport. ie) If the world wanted one currency, look out...
- There are many dangerous things when it comes to this stuff. They only want to make the kids have this stuff just to make this a good innocent coverup for a future electro war - and we may not ever see it coming.
The end of the world is near, so maybe read some stuff on the end times, go get yourself freaked out... maybe even saved.