Nostromo
Nostromo
Sucks or not? Anyone here try it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:34 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

have tried simular, i have the nostromo n50

takes some getting used to but if you can (or use) the w a s z keys for first person shooters it can help a lot only thing i used it for

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:34 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Ditto... And since I use the arrow keys (always remap) it's a tad difficult to get used to, so it got sent to the "Land of Forgotten Accessories" <Ominous Music>.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:10 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I too am curious about the N52.

I've been using the Strategic Commander for first person shooters and have become addicted to it. (I'm on my second one right now)

Has anyone used both of these and can shed some light on what the differences are and which is better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:22 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Quote:
so it got sent to the "Land of Forgotten Accessories" <Ominous Music>.

same thing with mine had to dig it out to see what moddle it was
and back it went
arrow keys and mouse just work that much better for me

Post subject: Re: Nostromo Speed Pad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:08 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

dx11101 wrote:
Nostromo
Nostromo
Sucks or not? Anyone here try it?

Good to go bro.. I had the n50 and now I have the n52...Its way better than the standard keyboard setup. everything is at your fingertips

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:11 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Satchboy wrote:
I too am curious about the N52.

I've been using the Strategic Commander for first person shooters and have become addicted to it. (I'm on my second one right now)

Has anyone used both of these and can shed some light on what the differences are and which is better?

more buttons on the n52 than the n50. N52 has a jump button on your thumb which makes it easier to hit the jump buttom..

All it takes is the twitch of the thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:41 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

I am oooold and have the reflexs of a turtle but still love to blow the hell out of aliens and sip on a cold one after a hard days work... :D

I got the N52 a couple of weeks ago and have only played Halo with it so far but it has enabled me to play levels that were to difficult for me to progress very far in the past.

No more hunting and picking for keys to reload, zoom sights, crouch etc. Consequently game flow is much improved (for me anyway).

You program it as to which actions are controlled by what key, so the learning curve isnt that harsh.

It would be hard for me now, to go back to the keyboard. 2 Tumbs Up. 8)

Fold Until A Cure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:22 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Thanks brvhrt. Once my Strategic Commander fights it's last fight I'll most likely bring in the N52 as its replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:34 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

I have tried the N50 one and did not like it. I went back to the arrow keys and mouse myself as I have much more control over what I do.

Try one and see if you like it. You may or may not like it, but the only real way of knowing is try it out.

Anybody remember that gamepad like device that had the Ball on it and you could move fully 3D in every direction? It had the fire buttons on it just like any other hand held control. I don't remember the name of it, I want to say SpaceBall or something like that, but I did have one of them and I absolutely loved it. That is till I owned and was playing a game with it the first two hours I owned the thing and it broke. The ball part broke. No, I was not rough with it either. It went back for a refund. And good thing I did as they soon disappeared. But it was a very neat and very good control while it was working. Last I heard is they had a bunch of problems with it and quit making it all together.

EDIT: SpaceOrb was what that controller was called. That was a really cool controller. I liked it a lot!
http://www.3dgamers.com/reviews/hardware/SpaceOrb360/
I do see that the comapny that use to make it did go out of business. :(

:-)
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:02 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

viperfour wrote:
I have tried the N50 one and did not like it. I went back to the arrow keys and mouse myself as I have much more control over what I do.

Try one and see if you like it. You may or may not like it, but the only real way of knowing is try it out.

Anybody remember that gamepad like device that had the Ball on it and you could move fully 3D in every direction? It had the fire buttons on it just like any other hand held control. I don't remember the name of it, I want to say SpaceBall or something like that, but I did have one of them and I absolutely loved it. That is till I owned and was playing a game with it the first two hours I owned the thing and it broke. The ball part broke. No, I was not rough with it either. It went back for a refund. And good thing I did as they soon disappeared. But it was a very neat and very good control while it was working. Last I heard is they had a bunch of problems with it and quit making it all together.

EDIT: SpaceOrb was what that controller was called. That was a really cool controller. I liked it a lot!

Dave

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_prod ... oduct=1108

must be a collectors item now :D

still has some support though> http://www.planethardware.com/spaceorb/main.html

Post subject: nostromo n52
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:48 am 

Hey, I do have the n52 and let me just tell u that it revolutionized my fragging fests on the net. Playing halo, my kills per game rocketed above 20 kills per carnage fest. Yes in the hands of the true fragmaster, can he or she unleash the force. Its a great gaming pad, give it a shot. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:17 pm 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Tried it once. Im used to arrow keys, so i didnt like it and RMAd it back to newegg. Now that i play with the other keys, it might be worth getting, but i wont try it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:23 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Jima13 wrote:
viperfour wrote:

Dave

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_prod ... oduct=1108

must be a collectors item now :D

still has some support though> http://www.planethardware.com/spaceorb/main.html

:shock: WOW! It must be! I would not pay that price for it. I think it was $99 when I got mine though.

Dave