Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NHL 2004
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:49 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

I know this is last year's game and 2005 is coming out very soon, but this problem I have with the game is bugging me. When I load the game (PC version), I get a script error to the "intro.html" screen. Game freezes and I can't play it. I have asked EA's tech support, but they haven't helped. They stick to the support site they have which tells me to to uncheck the "disable script debugging". Well, it doesn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous amount of times with no luck. I am running the game In Windows 2000, SP4, also made my computer a domain controller. I have the lastest updates to Win2K and IE6. It seems the game is IE dependent. When I 1st bought the game, it installed and played very well, played it for 6 months, then boom, I got this error. I have used Spybot, Adware, and Spyware Blaster to get rid of the spyware that could of been preventing me to play the game. Has anyone experienced this problem and have a solution? I would be grateful if someone can help me with this problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:34 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

My son has the same game. Similar things happened. The only thing that seemed to cure it was a clean OS reinstall. Game would work for week or two and then go weird again.

One day (bear with me) I mentioned he ought to stop using IE on account of various security issues and pointed him towards Firefox. Been a month now and haven't heard him screaming at the game. I still don't know what the real problem was. Ea website gave him and I both the run around, but removing IE6 from his system seems to have cured it. So far, anyway. :?