Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:18 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Back when I had the Sega Master System, I picked it up, and thru it across the room. Broke the case, but didn't make the system unplayable. :oops:

For the life of me, I wish I could remember which title I was playing...think it was Out Run, or Hang On.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:02 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Few years ago, it was mainly just tossing the controller at the Nintindo or what every. Then, on the PC I usually just pounded the keyboard.

For the last 2 years or so, I haven't gotten mad but once that I remember. It was a bad night in COD and everyone was just running around shooting. I know that's what some thing you're supposed to do, but it pissed me off. So...I turned it off, poured myself a beer (frosty mug, yum!), and sat on the back porch to smoke a lucky and watch my 'maters grow.

I understand getting mad at games though. It's not healthy, but I'd be a bigot to say I don't get mad. But I would really think about getting a stuffed animal to toss (or rip it's cute head off) rather than doing damage. I kept the ESC and END key from my last board I damaged. Someday I'll make a couple necklaces or something.

Growing up (ah shit...still am!), I probably would have minced my board all to hell...but I guess I now take things better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:34 am 
Willamette
Willamette

i punch my crt and i get hit with shrapnel in the face after implosion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:43 am 
Willamette
Willamette

I normally just scream and cuss, turn the game off, and try to conquer it someother day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:20 pm 

yell at the character (stupid warhammerdemo ... DAMN WHIRLWIND) or at the pc hoplessly hoping that it will hear me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:22 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

if your not damaging anything your not doing it right genious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:22 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I have broken a few keyboards, and I once broke a laptop screen by throwing an Xbox controllet to it.

Sometimes I hit mysefl!!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:02 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Well, after I broke my favorite bong when throwing my controller across the room, I use my pipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:00 am 
Team Member
Team Member

:lol: that video is funny, I did that to a POS HP printer once. :evil: Actually carried it out the front door (what was left after the first or second whack) and slammed it onto the sidewalk from the top of my front steps. Plastic fragments everywhere, even found some behind the sofa when I moved. Damn thing refused to feed in paper, kept saying that the paper tray wasn't inserted properly. Only one way to lay the 10 cent plastic POS in there, I was cursing like the guy on Office Space, finally went ballistic. I didn't actually see that movie until I had trashed that printer, the personal angle with that copier made me bust a gut
I quit buying consoles after destroying pretty much every controller I ever owned. Damn cheating Street Fighter!! Those hard plaster walls in old buildings turn those controllers into shrapnel. Used to throw tools at work once in a while too, but only if there was no chance of damaging anything. Better than taking it out on people that don't deserve it.
Nowdays, I just curse, Loudly, a la Office Space, maybe pound on my desk once or twice, but usually just walk away, have a cig and a soda and do something else for a while. Got too much invested to risk messing up my computer. Now console controllers on the other hand....I don't mind breaking one once in a while, but haven't done it for years. May be getting mellower in my old age.