It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bugbear's "Next Car Game" need your vote - Steam Greenli
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:34 pm 

New post from Bugbear Dev:

Got Multiplayer?

Quote:
Janne Suur-Näkki >>>
We're developing the multiplayer component as we speak, but since there are still quite a lot of loose ends I'm afraid we can't give a definite release window just yet. It's more or less the case of 'when it's done', i.e. when we're happy with the features and feel that it's robust enough for you folks to test. But sure enough, it's coming.

Like Purple remembered, we were indeed doing some multiplayer testing last year, but that was with our previous technology that we decided to scrap altogether as it turned out to be too unreliable and write a new, shiny one just to prevent the connectivity issues mentioned in this thread. Like said, multiplayer is one of the most important features of the game, if not the most important, and we really want to get it right.

Would this new code mean more than 12 players online??

Here another pic from the The all-awesome screenshot thread:

Link to full size image - http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577 ... 2C0980D05/

Another thread worth checking out is NCG Video Thread [Youtube] with new videos being done with the new replay feature in Build #4. 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:55 am 

I just watch this new video a couple of times now. I think it worth watching. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:19 pm 

Bugbear got to test out a new Fanatec wheel. Bugbear has a nice setup to test new wheel with Next Car Game. Give Bugbear new post a read and be sure to checkout the video. :D

Our Driving Force

Also Bugbear is in the process of overhauling the ROMU engine for NCG:

Slow News Month

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:46 am 

Here some multiplayer news:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index ... l#msg44669

Quote:
Purple44 >>>
Good news, Bugbear been using LAN with NCG. :D

Slow News Month

Quote:
Ben Lind >>>
As I said most of it is behind the scenes stuff and nothing major contentwise. We've had to fix a lot of stuff that got broken both in code and on the art side as well. A couple things that might be interesting though...

The visual deformation should now affect the mechanical damage and therefore match a lot better. The mechanical damage is calculated by how much the geometry moves instead of being separate.

We've done some successful LAN tests and it's a lot of fun but not entirely there yet as there are still a few bugs to iron out. Not sure if it'll make this update yet so don't hate me if it doesn't.

Saw Ben mention LAN over at the Steam forum this morning, so I had to reply.

How about another update?

Quote:
Purple44 >>>

Quote:
Ben Lind >>>
We've also been doing some successful LAN testing here and there's still a few bugs to fix but it looks pretty promising at the moment. Hopefully that will make it into the next update as well but I can't say for sure yet.

LAN, did I read LAN!! that good news. That will make a lot of Flatout fans happy that still do LAN partys. :)

And if there a working LAN mode, will we be able to use Tunngle to take NCG online???? Like we did with Flatout 1 and 2. If so, then that would take some pressure off Bugbear on getting multiplayer ready to test. We could do some testing through Tunngle. :)

Quote:
Ben Lind >>>
I don't have any specifics yet but currently you can host via the game menu and others in the same network can search for your game and connect to you. We'll know more a bit later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:49 pm 

I bought me a second copy of NCG today. :)

I'm ready to test new LAN mode. :)

Quote:
Purple44 >>>
If you have not heard yet, LAN mode been confirm to be in new Build #5 being release this week. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/di ... 9412319187

Quote:
jannesBB >>>
We have been working very hard to bring you the next update. Reworking the engine has taken somewhat longer than we anticipated, and we apologize for the delay. However, we didn't want to release something broken, but instead chose to use a little bit of time to work out the remaining issues. In the end it will mean that you will get a better game, so we're very hopeful that you too will agree that it will have been worth the wait.

Unless something really unexpected comes up next week, LAN functionality will be included in the next patch. It's a feature that's we very much wanted to include in the game as a thank-you for the tremendous support we have received since LAN is something that a lot of you have been asking. And even if you don't care about LAN multiplayer, not to worry, there's a lot of other cool stuff in the works!

More about the update next week.

So it hit me, I should take advantage of today Steam sale and pickup a second copy of NCG for $18 for my second computer. Now I can test LAN mode between my newest gaming computer and my last gaming computer that has my other Steam account from when I bought Half Life 2.

So, I'm ready to test new LAN mode. :D :D :D :D

Also I will be looking into seeing if we can use Tunngle to host NCG online, like we did with Flatout 1 and 2. :)

You guys ready for some 12 player derbys online? Ready for some rough and tumble racing on the Sandpit track online? Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:51 am 

Last Saturday we found out how to take the new LAN mode in new Build #5 online after the disappointment of not getting Tunngle to work Friday with new NCG LAN mod. ;D

For the details go here:

LAN over Internet WORKING!

LAN mode right now is bare bones, so there some issues and there lag between US and Euro players. So be sure to read the thread to see what you are in for if want to try Next Car Game online.

We did make history Saturday, we had a 12 player figure 8 race online. :)

Here video of 11 player race:

Also check this thread to see who is hosting:

Who hosting NCG and which LAN Bridger you using today?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:08 am 

Just found another NCG video that worth watching. Be sure to watch the ending:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:03 am 

Is it Flatout online appreciation day this coming Saturday, Aug 2?

Be there or be square! ;)