Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Make my day
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:15 pm 

My wife knows when she sees the PC maximum PC magazine in the mailbox, I'm going to be a very happy camper. When she lays it on my desk. My day has been made, really. I do love the magazine for the articles that I get. Other than the gaming articles.

But finally I have a gaming question. I never as in never use my computer for games. Although I do have the Asus G75VW (G75VW-DH72). The ironic thing is, I got into computers because of Pac-Man back in the day. So this is the kind of games that I like. But so much shoot them up or heavy-duty thinking. Being as Pac-Man is a thing of the past. I am willing to upgrade my play mode.

One game I do like though is ones that use strategy and involve the medieval time, of castles and kings. I also somewhat like the tanks
battles. All so 1stand 2nd world war plane battles are towards the top of my list. Games that involve history are very interesting to me. But whatever the game it has to be on the list provided with the G510s keyboard.

Now to the point I'm looking for a game. It has to be game that I can use with the Logitech G510s keyboard. They have a big list of games that you can use their keyboard with. The game has to be in that list. I need to do this to help understand what I can do with that board. I'm looking for suggest on the game that would work well for me. I'm not necessarily looking for a free game but I'm also now looking to spend the hundred dollars.

Back in the day a friend of mine, Gary and Marsha Rose built the company, Computability, and more than filled my need for recommendations. But now I have no place to turn, but here. Hopefully you can help.
Bob

Post subject: Re: Make my day
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:54 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
the keyboard will work with any game, their list just means they have programed gaming keys and the little screen with ready made game profiles programmed for them. It does not mean their list is all the keyboard will work with

I would say that setting up a steam account would benefit you a lot. good prices, easy downloads, sales all the time and they have almost all the games that are available old and new.

some games you might like, civ5, age of empires III, world of tanks, Microsoft combat flight simulator, there are a bunch that someone will be around to recommend I am sure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I also want to ask why just limit yourself to those games anyway? What info does the keyboard provide that the game's HUD does not?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:29 pm 

I do know I can have more games than the list shows. I only want to use it as a way to get a better understanding.

In the long run I will be using the G510 for more office than games.

Thanks for the help. Empires III or Age of Empires III shows good but is not on the G510 list.

Bob
PS I did find Stream. I also found CIV5, which is on the list.