Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bioshock Infinte
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:42 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Anyone else played it? I just finished it last night and it was the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Also the most confusing but I'll save that for a spoiler thread. What did everyone else think?

Post subject: Re: Bioshock Infinte
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:24 am 
Team Member
Team Member

How long did it take you to finish? Did you go on a marathon session? I like to play games a little bit at a time. The youtube gameplay vids look awesome. Steampunk style. I don't like the gore I seen. Seems all sunny, until you see the gameplay. Just not my thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

phillyj wrote:
How long did it take you to finish? Did you go on a marathon session? I like to play games a little bit at a time. The youtube gameplay vids look awesome. Steampunk style. I don't like the gore I seen. Seems all sunny, until you see the gameplay. Just not my thing.

It was about 11 hours (over two days) but I did a lot of exploring. If you rush through expect somewhere between 8 and 9 depending on how much you die.

As for the gore I'd say it's actually kind of player dependent. I didn't really notice anything to off the wall except for the initial melee battle at the beginning of the game. The executions with the melee weapon are quite brutal but you really don't have to do any of them save for the first one or two at the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I just bought the game and was very disappointed at the way it installed. I bought the Retail version, started the install and it asked for the second disk and couldn't find it when I fed the disk into the dvd player/burner. It just sat there looking for the disk using the text box insert disk 2. So, I went into Steam and told the program to Repair Bioshock Infinite and it installed the game, but it took all afternoon! When I buy a Retail game it is for a reason...quick install! Steam and the game writers have got to get together and fix this issue for sure!

...Other that that I really like the game play a lot! I have invested three hours so far and had to force myself to quit for the night and get some shuteye. LOL!

I hope they get this install issue fix in the future, it may be very off-putting to a lot of Retail buyers.

Nasty