We've worked years on this, and it's been a long time since our last release. Hope you enjoy! Here is our official press release.A
lien Arena: Reloaded Edition has been released. Revitalized...and, well, reloaded!
This is a major release of this game, with many new features, and a veritable truckload of new high quality content. Every aspect of the game has been improved upon and expanded, from the engine, to the game code, weaponry, and overall gameplay.
Some of the new features for this release include:
- Many new rendering features
- Twelve new/rebuilt levels
- Two new player characters, the Overlord and Warrior
- Brand new "super" weapon, the Minderaser
- Improved antilag code
- "Simple" items rendering option
- Improved and expanded movement
- Improved Bot AI, particulary with CTF
- New music, and music "shifts" in game situations
- Variety of bug fixes and code cleansing
Alien Arena is a freeware deathmatch game that has been around for some time, and steadily evolved into what we feel is a leader among a crowded fps field. With it's smooth gameplay, balanced weapons, and rich, immersive arenas, the game is an artisticly cohesive tour de force in the genre. Alien Arena is free to download, free to play, and the code is open sourced, and that will never change.
Reloaded Edition screenshots:
Direct link - http://red.planetarena.org/files/trailer2k12.wmv
For more information about Alien Arena and to download the game visit http://red.planetarena.org
Changelog - http://red.planetarena.org/aachangelogs/7.60.txt