Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Strong Armed by EA/Dice
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:29 pm 

I can't afford premium right now. I get paid monthly so it'll be a while before I can pay for it. Now I can't join servers because of the queue crap. 33 minutes, still in queue. And I'm watching the report to see how many new people are getting in.

So because I can't buy your content that isn't even released yet, I can't play the game I already paid for? So I am being denied access to the game that I paid for this is retarded not to mention strong arming me to buy your product I have already payed for. Do it for the dlc but not for maps I have already payed for it was not part of the deal when I bought the game.

Post subject: Re: Strong Armed by EA/Dice
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:40 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

What are you talking about?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:54 am 

He's talking about this: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3 ... _hero_0612

I agree. We are being strong armed and forced to pay for one game that most people most likely have. If they couldn't afford the $15 bucks when the first expansion came out or didn't like to game enough to buy it, then those same people are surely not going to pay $49.99 for all of the expansions. I think it's a ripoff that we have to pay again for an expansion we already own just to get the price.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:22 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I don't get why we can't launch the game from our computers. Why do we have to go through Battlelog? EA had a good shot at doing good to the PC gamers for once, and then they still decide to take a dump on them. On everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:27 pm 

Well they have officially split the community servers are banning premium users in protest the forums are off the hook people are pissed at EA the console users in the US cant play the CQ maps they payed for, this thing is out of control EA/Dice are in trouble with bf3. This would make a good story to cover in the magazine Gaming Greed and the effects on the industry. If you want a good laugh go to the bf3 forums Ive never seen such and outcry from the gaming community. Maximum if your covering E3 Id jam them up about this it would be a good read

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

It's been speculated that EA's modus operandi is just to find ways to piss off its consumer base, but not so much they'll quit entirely. Next thing you know, the next Battlefield will be handled "better", then the next one will be just as bad as this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:17 pm 

I agree the biggest problem I see is the que jumping for premium users even the people that bought the premium package are pissed about this it should be first come first served but EA is saying they dont care its a privilege for the premium users they payed for. I think its pissing on your customers that bought the original and don't want to play the cod style maps they are releasing to copy cod. Battlefield is known for its large open maps thats what made them. If I want to run and gun Id still be playing cod nothing against cod but it gets old in a hurry. EA/Dice has pretty much lied to the community and the game is still broke even after Mondays patch. What is wrong with these companys the best I can figure out is even tho bf3 is suppose to be Pc based I think they are limited in what they can actually do to keep it compatible and easily ported to the consoles without being two entirely different games. Same goes for COD I think it is actually holding back progress for the pc and you know the old saying money talks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

In my opinion this game is not even finished and polished, yet they already have 3 expansions in work, this is unacceptable, I miss the old games when we got so much more content for our money and only real expansions costed money not 3 maps and 3 new weapons. I mean, take a look at Battlefield Vietnam... that expansion was almost a brand new game, so much new stuff and what do we get now?

This is bullshit from EA/Dice and I won't buy anything BF3 related. When will they learn?

I hate to admit it that even thought I did have fun in BF3 I had more fun in Bad Company 2 and played it for way longer and it was not a "real" BF game.

I think I'll stick with Tribes Ascend and Planet Side 2, as long as they keep doing thing I'll keep spending my money on them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:16 am 

I have noticed a lot of the regulars I play with have quit playing tired of the EA bs and the last patch has really fubared the game someone needs to call EA to the carpet and stop this crap. I would love to interview some of those guys from EA and Dice I have a lot of constructive questions I would like to ask both party's involved. Doesnt do any good to email them they will not answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:17 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Hold up. I don't think we should blame DICE all that much. They're the developers. EA is the one who calls the shots on how BF3 should go about. And I want to say when BF1942 was released, DICE was pretty much a no-namer without a killer app for the publisher, so they went "okay, just make a game". And then notice how BF2 started a decline (no LAN maps greater than 16 players), and now we have BF3.

On one hand, I feel like EA treats new IP with a grain of salt. Look at Mirror's Edge for instance, the PC version doesn't seem to carry all the shenanigans EA's other titles seem to carry. But when they got their hands on Mass Effect, which by then was two years old, oh yeah, they wrapped a freakin' vault around it and gave you three keys that disappeared with each use.

Though strangely enough they don't seem to put on awful DRM for their Need For Speed series.