Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Angry Birds Addiction
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:51 am 

What's so great about angry-birds that people are addicted?

Post subject: Re: Angry Birds Addiction
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:00 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

It's simple really, http://on.mash.to/napRgG

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:38 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Probably the cast of characters behind it. Or the absurdity of it.

As an aside, people are wondering why Touhou is so popular, even though very few people play the games seriously (or at all)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:18 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
the vast majority of people are simple minded. and I think mostly kids play it.

and for your aside, how can you say something is popular, if no one plays it

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 pm 

I dont really understand the appeal for the game myself. I recently got a iphone and downloaded it due to "Everyone" enjoying it but never find myself playing it.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:08 pm 

It's mostly one of those games that "kids" enjoy a lot because of the characters and the level of steady challenge. But at the same time adults get hooked for the same reasons. Also If you are bored in class or at work (privileges permitting) this is a mind boggling way to pass time! I mean your just like "ok one more level"!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:27 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I think it depends on the person playing it. I got it just because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about, played it for a while because it was fun, but after a few levels it stopped being fun, so I stopped playing it altogether, I barely play it now, the only reason I see for playing it is when I need to kill some time and there is nothing to do, but how many times does that happens? not much... time is money :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:56 pm 

sure is a cult culture forming from it
no idea why...stupidest thing ever...but then again im sure people said that about pacman :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:55 pm 

please ignore my previous comment...i am now addicted

i guess it trying to calculate all the variables and determining chain reactions

its very fun...but too simple of a game to be a world wide hit?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:07 pm 

Simple perhaps but it seems to have taken the world by storm, I mean you can walk down any shopping center, strip mall, or mall in general and see kids wearing the shirts, hats, belts etc. It's really amazing to see what things become cultural hits!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:07 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hampton Bay wrote:
please ignore my previous comment...i am now addicted

This cracked me up :lol:

One thing I would like to say is that what I don't like is that sometimes (and a lot of people do this) you just keep launching birds at random because it seems that some levels are not designed with a way to strategically beat it but with a cosmetic design instead. I have found myself beating hard levels by accident when my well though strategy doesn't work and I just start launching birds at random and BAM! ... perfect score. :roll:

Also, sometimes it's hard to accurately repeat one shot over and over unless you are playing it on a tablet (I'm talking about difficult shots)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 am 

its sounds very nice and i like the game play of it also

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:53 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Now there is another game even more addictive... Tiny Wings, it's like Tribes but without guns

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:09 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

To get to the addiction, you just have to look around. It's the smartphone in general and not the game itself.

I'm going to draw flames, but I don't care. I have an addictive personality and can't get addicted to dumb games. Weak minds seem to be in their phones (for the most part) far more than they should, and if they're distracted by a game then they're all over it just as easily. Look, if two people standing right beside each other text on their phone instead of turning their head and talking, then a dumb game is right up their alley.

FB and it's Zynga games shouldn't be ignored either. You have all this ability, and what you chose to do is this!? I'm not giving you a cowpie so you can level up or whatever and I don't care about the shitty steak you just broiled wrong. It's really a social problem. I know I'm the typical old man, but damnit...I grew up with a stick and it was everything to me. I also read books instead of watching cats on youtube to drain my brain. It's so easy now that you don't need to use the brain. Ever seen Mike Judge's Idiocracy? "Ouch my balls" is really the next reality show if we keep this up.

Tisk, we were such a progressive species. Ray Kurzweil's ideas just got fast-forwarded. The pigs win...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Chumly wrote:
To get to the addiction, you just have to look around. It's the smartphone in general and not the game itself.

I'm going to draw flames, but I don't care. I have an addictive personality and can't get addicted to dumb games. Weak minds seem to be in their phones (for the most part) far more than they should, and if they're distracted by a game then they're all over it just as easily. Look, if two people standing right beside each other text on their phone instead of turning their head and talking, then a dumb game is right up their alley.

FB and it's Zynga games shouldn't be ignored either. You have all this ability, and what you chose to do is this!? I'm not giving you a cowpie so you can level up or whatever and I don't care about the shitty steak you just broiled wrong. It's really a social problem. I know I'm the typical old man, but damnit...I grew up with a stick and it was everything to me. I also read books instead of watching cats on youtube to drain my brain. It's so easy now that you don't need to use the brain. Ever seen Mike Judge's Idiocracy? "Ouch my balls" is really the next reality show if we keep this up.

Tisk, we were such a progressive species. Ray Kurzweil's ideas just got fast-forwarded. The pigs win...

Dumb games are just that "DUMB" I would add angry birds to that list, but I have too played dumb games before, compared to what we have now.

Angry birds has a couple of fun levels then gets down right stupid. I am sure you have found at least one other game that cost more then $0.99 that was just as dumb?

As far as addiction, I would not call it that, just a fad that will fade away like all others.

Idiocracy is sadly moving to truth. But I most enjoyed the big screen TV that must have been at least a 80" flat screen. In front of the guy eating a tub of butter, and 90 percent of the screen was commercials (we are getting there with the BS that shows on the bottom of are screens now) Even with that huge 80" TV the screen "Ouch my balls" only was shown in a small 12" part that was left for watching that idiotic show. LOL