Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: World of Warcraft vs World of Tanks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

WOW -- end game = gear chasing

WOT -- higher tier chasing. -- Also, it is a free to play game that will require you to pay money if you have top tier tanks or are in a clan that demand participation in or upgrade toward Clan Wars. Tiers 3 to 6 can be fun to play for free, however, finding good people to platoon with is sometimes difficult unless you are in at least a fair to good Clan. I win a public game probably 50% to 60% of the time solo, 75% to 85% of the time if platooned with 1 good player, and 80% to 95% of the time if platooned with 2 other good players. -- If I am in a solo game and suggest a strategy before the game starts and the other 14 people follow it I win 85+% to 95% of the time, the team amost never loses if they follow my advice, however, most people do not understand tactics and many doubt anything someone else suggests. Winning boils down to each players ability and use of tactics. The game can be frustrating or very fun, depending upon how many people on your team understand tactics and how to play their vehicles.

Which game is best? In my opinion, World of Tanks.

In WOW, you can't hear the nice boom from your tank gun or see someone else's tank blow sky high when you kill it, you can't crush or blow up buildings. In games such as WoW you can cast on or shoot a moving target and your cast or shot will auto-follow, in WoT you have to properly lead the moving tank or you miss, and the amount you lead depends upon how far the other tank is, how fast it is going, and the gun velocity on your tank [velocities and accuracies are different - you have to figure them out for yourself].

Post subject: Re: World of Warcraft vs World of Tanks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

WoT also never gave me a key even after i contacted them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:03 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

AZNgamerX800 wrote:
WoT also never gave me a key even after i contacted them.

I never needed a key. All I had to do was register.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:28 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I think you are trying to compare two completely different games!

The thing you mentioned of being locked in has a lot to do with Wow being an old game and that's the way things used to be. More recent MMOs are changing so now you have to move out of the way in order to dodge and stuff like that.

I haven't played WOT, how good is it compared to recent games?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 am 

I agree, this comparison is like comparing apples to onions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 am 

World of Tanks is marginally better than Runescape. IMHO, they both are filled with scrubs who can't afford $15/mo.

My .02

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

The title was incorrect.

I meant most fun of the two games or most enjoyable.

I was not camparing game types, such as WoW or Dark age of Camelot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Mortal_M wrote:
I think you are trying to compare two completely different games!

The thing you mentioned of being locked in has a lot to do with Wow being an old game and that's the way things used to be. More recent MMOs are changing so now you have to move out of the way in order to dodge and stuff like that.

I haven't played WOT, how good is it compared to recent games?

Mortal_M,

I am sorry that I missed your post. I often stay up until the wee hours in the morning and miss comments.

One of the fellows here mentioned that players are basically lame. The problem is that many people almost always solo play, they do not belong to a clan where they can learn from others, and they cannot figure the game out by themselves.

That I the reason that I often write comments to the team as to how many tanks should take a specific route, among other things. Many players still have not figured out strategy. Most understand how to play their tanks, but not all.

So, the problem with public games is lack of understanding of overall strategy, and some do not understand how to play in groups. Gunnery is very important, especially with slower aiming time on some tanks [the gunner], some vehicles have high bullet arch and bullet drop. All these things and more have to be learned to play well.

If you find a guild that playes company battles a lot then you can clean up because most PUB teams do not have a chance against a good team. There are a few different clans that have people that can put a good PUB team together.

Low tier tanks win earnings even if their team loses, as do many medium tier vehicles. High tier vehicles are costly if your team loses. I like tank destroyers and, for example, my tier 10 Russian [maximum in the game] has to kill about 4 enemy tanks and damage 4 or 5 more just to come out even if our team loses, especially if my vehicle gets blown up [killed], which often happens if I am in a poor team.

You need to have a premium account, which costs money to play high tier PUB games.

I think just about all players play tier 6 or so tanks to make up for the credits lost with high tier tanks.

Voice is vital for me to have fun, and the game has built in voice, but, most people in PUB games do not use it. Clans use voice, usually TeamSpeak3, and that makes the game very fun, because people bond with eachother, and even notice when someone has not been playing for a few days and ask about them.

Anyway, the game is both fun and sometimes frustrating, but, mostly fun.

The new version 8 just came out with new physics, and tanks can do things like push another tank into a lake or over a cliff and kill it. Lots of other things added too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:04 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Been playing World of Tanks for almost a year now, and love it. what's your ingame name? I'll look you up.