Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Rise of Immortals
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

It's a MOBA game, in case you were wondering, you can find out what it's about simply by Googling it. I'm not very interested in it, but was sent a closed beta key from Nvidia, if anyone's interested. I won't be using it, so I'll have it available for whoever contacts me first to request it, upon which I'll then post a reply in here stating that I gave it to them.

This is from their site:
Rise of Immortals™ is an online, free-to-play PC game that expands on the hit Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) genre with new, innovative features designed to appeal to both core and casual players.

Rise of Immortals is set in the world of Graxia, 300 years after the events of “Guardians of Graxia,”™ Petroglyph’s fantasy-based PC game released last year. Rise of Immortals features the popular action-strategy gameplay of traditional MOBA games, but adds enhanced socialization features, along with persistent character progression – a first for the MOBA genre. Instead of an account- based leveling system, players can advance their Immortals through a diverse, persistent skill tree, customizing and upgrading the characters to unlock unique abilities that persist from match to match.

In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, manage friend and guild lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches online.

Players can purchase items via the in-game store to further enhance their Immortals, including new Immortal skins and consumable items like in-game boosters and elixirs. Petroglyph plans to release new content on a regular basis, including additional Immortals, arenas, skins, sound packs, pets and more.

Features of Rise of Immortals:
# 12 unique Immortals at launch with additional characters released monthly
# Character-based progression through a diverse skill tree
# Persistent artifacts for stat enhancements
# Player versus Environment maps with unique achievements
# Player versus Player maps from 1v1 up to 5v5 multiplayer
# Gain persistent experience and levels through play in PvP and PvE maps
# Collectible pets for combat and vanity
# Account and Immortal statistics tracking
# Avatar-based player hub for socialization

The bonus for the Closed Beta:
Lazarus - Metal God (Exclusive closed beta skin)

At the launch of the closed beta, players will be able to use the first alternate skin for the Immortal, Lazarus. While he's normally a fairly happy-go-lucky guy on a good day, you do NOT want to be messing with him on his Metal God days...

All participants in the closed beta test will receive the exclusive "Metal God" skin for the Immortal "Lazarus.”!

The skin, which includes a new model and textures, will be available exclusively for closed beta testers to enjoy both during beta, and as a complementary add-on to their account at release.

Closed Beta will introduce even more Immortals, giving you an early peek at selecting an Immortal that you'll best be able to dominate other players with in competitive 5v5 battle instances!