Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Duty Calls (Bullet Storm mocks Call of Duty)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:38 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

You know, for a game that comes off as a $20 buy (I played the demo on the XBox), it sure is getting a bit pretenious.

http://kotaku.com/#!5749992/duty-calls-is-a-quick-and-brutal-stab-at-call-of-duty

Their mock-u-demo Duty Calls is funny though.

Post subject: Re: Duty Calls (Bullet Storm mocks Call of Duty)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:10 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

That's awesome...rank up, boring extreme master sgt person!

We need this type of mocking to keep games on-track. Postal 2 was a creation that opened a lot of eyes to choice during the time "Games are bad because they tell you" era. And we got to work with the great late Gary Coleman...that shoots RPG's at your ass.

Here, we mock the Xbox genre and is very clear in it's intention and our ideals on gaming; and why COD fans fall out...short attention span, not real by any means, and a time suck. The only replayability is to get achievements. I watch this day in and day out...and it's boring. If that's a gamer, they can have it. I was stoked when I was able to call in air strikes...you earned that against other humans.

I'm not a gamer, but like making them. It's usually the counter of the trend though; but isn't that fresh air? Please sign my petition...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU5M-vlm0PA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:19 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Chumly wrote:
That's awesome...rank up, boring extreme master sgt person!

We need this type of mocking to keep games on-track. Postal 2 was a creation that opened a lot of eyes to choice during the time "Games are bad because they tell you" era. And we got to work with the great late Gary Coleman...that shoots RPG's at your ass.

Here, we mock the Xbox genre and is very clear in it's intention and our ideals on gaming; and why COD fans fall out...short attention span, not real by any means, and a time suck. The only replayability is to get achievements. I watch this day in and day out...and it's boring. If that's a gamer, they can have it. I was stoked when I was able to call in air strikes...you earned that against other humans.

I'm not a gamer, but like making them. It's usually the counter of the trend though; but isn't that fresh air? Please sign my petition...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU5M-vlm0PA

I don't understand a fucking sentence of what you just said.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:09 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

I did.

Chumly's posting approaches a form of stream-of-consciousness forum-poetry. I'm not even kidding.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:32 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

It was funny on its own but you can satire anything, that doesn't mean it's bad or boring. The experiences and story I get from a game (COD in particular) usually elicit more emotion and drama (INTENSITYYYYYY) more then most movies out there. The overall gameplay may be somewhat repetitive but the learning curve is a steady constant rise. You aren't rewarded with just ranks but seeing a difference in you skill level as well.

What I do find kind of funny is Bulletstorm is copying the core drive that keeps players going in COD, a metapoint system.

I can also imagine someone will eventually shoot back with a "game" of there own called Stormbullets or something of that nature. I look forward to that. =)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:09 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I like the call of duty games, but get bored with em after a short bit. It's the same ole' bang-bang-snipe-get stabbed-toss a nade- try not to die-blah-blah-blah crap. it just looks prettier is all. I want games that challenge the player and put you into something original. That's why I, unlike so many others, actually enjoyed playing games like Fracture. It added some nice originality to it, just had the issue of being too linear, to trigger happy, action triggers that is.