Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The problem with R.U.S.E. a.k.a. ruse.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 pm 

I just bought a new PC game, called R.U.S.E. of course, by Ubisoft. It was rated good by games reviews. I am a seasoned veteran RTS player. But I can't enjoy RUSE, because of it's breakneck pace, and there is no speed adjustment. You can't even browse the map nor give orders when the game is paused. If it were player vs. player, well that's another thing, since both players have the same rules. No, I'm talking about player vs. computer (AI). This would be a great game if it had a speed control, or if a player could give orders when the game was paused. Instead, it seems to be all about how many orders can you give in a minute! You might win if you can do one order per second. Keep in mind, you must also scroll the map and zoom in this time. They don't even give you time to watch any of a battle until the game is over. I could not even give orders fast enough to deplete my supply (sure I am not one of the fastest players out there). I wasted $75 on this game. I buy games for the occasional gems that I enjoy (such as Galactic Civilizations II and it's sequels), I cannot enjoy RUSE. Unless you are all about speed, I don't recommend this game. Ppls taking speed may love this game, I think that is almost what it takes to play it. I cannot understand why the reviewers gave it such high marks, I have to assume they were getting old and were afraid they were just too slow in their age, and didn't want their editors to know. I went on their forum, the requests and bug reports thread, and found at least 3 other requests for game speed control. Ubisoft, you need to heed this call.

Post subject: Re: The problem with R.U.S.E. a.k.a. ruse.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 am 

I found all that out without spending money on it. I played the demo.