Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Saitek Cyborg X Flight Stick And Battlefield Bad Company 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has the same problem as I do.

I have an Saitek Cyborg X Flight Stick that has worked fine with Battlefield 1942, Vietnam and Battlefield 2, and a couple more games (using win XP media center edition)
But when I try to use it in BFBC2 (win 7 64bit) the "yaw left" and right are inverted, and there is no way to change that in the menu, I have tried using yaw left for the right in the game menu to invert it, but it doesn't work it's always inverted no mater what you tell the game to do.
Also there are some key that the game doesn't recognize.
When you go to the properties of windows to check if the joystick is working, everything works fine, no inversion of any kind.

Any idea of why this is happening?
do you know any software to manually invert the yaw in the joystick to "fool" the game?
I'm going to install the old BF 1942 to see if it's a problem with Win 7 just in case.

Post subject: Re: Saitek Cyborg X Flight Stick And Battlefield Bad Company
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I use that stick, but not in BF2 nor media center. I have used it since the day I've ran Win7-64 though.

I don't feel the Saitek software is up to par. Not that Logitech's is any better, but think you can uninstall any software meant for any stick and just use Window's to control it. In windows, you can see if "invert..." is checked or not, where the software may not show it clearly. Sounds simple, but I've had it all looking normal and had issues, then uninstalled the software and all of a sudden that box is checked in the control panel...like it was hiding it all a long. Nothing like banking an A-10 left and it goes starboard!

Mapping keys for different games in the profiler is the only reason I see running the software. Yet, games have this stick in mind already and will allow it by default. I rather set up the game keys and not stick in the separate profile. I can set up 6 games in a stick's profile, or do it 6 times in each game. If that's your tool of choice for many games, try leaving the middle man out and see if that "fixes" the problem.

(I use their Flight controls too. Getting frag'd is one thing, but trying to land a 777 and your POV magically goes left and down after a 4 hour flight and on the final? Heart breaking! There's no quick respawn from that)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:54 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

It looks like it's a problem with the game that they didn't fix, I've been searching for this problem and it's happening with a lot of joysticks and it's been happening for a while.
The drivers win 7 installed where working fine, but I installed the manufactures drivers and I still get the same results.
Chumly wrote:
Mapping keys for different games in the profiler is the only reason I see running the software.

That's what I did and it's working now, so now the game thinks that I'm hitting the "left" key in the keyboard instead of the joystick, but somehow it feels different, I don't know if it's because of that virtual keyboard thing or because they changed the way you control the choppers. I used to be an Ok pilot in Bf Vietnam, but now it looks like they made it easier to fly and it's now difficult to me, I know that doesn't make any sense but that's they way it is :lol:

looks like there is another way to fix this by editing some file, but I haven't tried that yet, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:22 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

If you use Saitec's sftwr and it is anything like the program for the X52, then you may want to try adjusting the dead zone (bands). I know that for my stick if I set the bands any closer than 46% for the top half and 56% for the bottom half I start making inputs I didn't mean to when the action heats up. I love the X52 for FPS's I just about don't need the keyboard in most games. The joy stick and a good 5 button mouse covers a lot of territory.:wink:

In Crysis/Warhead, I use the mode switch to cycle thru ground, vehicle, and aircraft.