Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: We need MaximumPC's assistance! SW:TOR issue ongoing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:38 am 

Hello all.

With Star Wars: The Old Republics release on the horizon, many users are getting ready for the release and preparing their accounts. However there seems to be a disturbing trend discovered, users who have pre-ordered the $150 collectors edition are receiving errors when they enter their pre-order keys that state the code is already in use.

Many of us have posted in the SW:TOR Customer Support forums after opening a support ticket with the team and received no response other than an automated email. Those who have received responses are given new codes that when entered produce the same error.

The issue seems to span multiple retailers so it appears that this is more than likely a issue with EA/BioWare handling the pre-orders poorly and not the retailers. So far we have users reporting the issue with pre-orders from GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon.

I have decided to hit Twitter, FaceBook and other more publicly facing sites hoping to get some acknowledgement of the issue and perhaps a reasonable explanation or solution to the problem.

What I am hoping is that we can get the industry talking and perhaps with the help of industry and media leaders like MaximumPC, maybe we can make enough noise if we talk about it and EA/BioWare will be forced to respond to the issue rather than ignore it until after release.

I know I am not happy. I paid $150 for a Collectors Edition and pre-ordered so I could have "Early Access" to the game. However, it appears that what we were promised is simply not the case.

http://bit.ly/tKQoBK

Post subject: Re: We need MaximumPC's assistance! SW:TOR issue ongoing.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

How you doing now? Still have a beef with them, or is patience an issue?

Just clearing up unanswered posts folks. The lack of feeding this question has me thinking it's been resolved on it's own. /rage quit :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

is the old republic safe to buy now? or is it another copycat mmorpg like wow that takes place in space?
is it buggy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

why don't you read reviews and find out?