Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Force Unleashed II
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:00 am 

This game looks awesome, and so far is a lot of fun. Cut scenes are kick ass, but....

I have had a terrible problem with the game stuttering and hanging. It never crashes, but will often hang and stutter for about 2-10 seconds.

I have a 5850, and have disabled Catalyst A.I., which is about the only tip I have seen mentioned online. Any ideas? There's no telling how long a patch will take.

My current build has been running everything else (Borderlands, Batman, etc.) flawlessly, so I guess I've been lucky, but Force Unleashed II seems to be a buggy PC port so far....

Dave

Post subject: Re: The Force Unleashed II
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I can't help with your bugs, but had questions about that game after seeing the awesome commercials and trailers. I've never, ever played any Star Wars games. Is Force Unleashed II something a new comer to the SW genre (or series as a whole) can just pick up and play, or does it take some past knowledge to really enjoy?

I just need to get into more games/series than I normally play, but am usually a bit sketchy about spending $40 if I've never played in a series before. I know what to expect from Madden, COD, or Valve games...but not so much with other great titles like this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:10 pm 

I haven't played too much of it, but it looks just awesome. I had tried to play Force Unleashed I on Xbox when it came out a few years back, and just didn't like it.

I think this one can probably get a bit repetitive after a while, but so far it is a blast. The gameplay is pretty easy. It all revolves around slashing with light sabers or using about 4 or 5 different force powers like lightning, force grab, shove, etc. Keep in mind that it's basically a console port, though, so you can do everything with a game pad. (I'm using keyboard/mouse) Really easy to get into, though.

If I can just figure out what's causing the stuttering, I will be very happy with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 pm 

I assume your video drivers are up to date. If not check to see if there are new ones out for your card and give them a try.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Quote:
Is Force Unleashed II something a new comer to the SW genre (or series as a whole) can just pick up and play, or does it take some past knowledge to really enjoy?

The Force Unleashed 1 is pretty awesome. It feels very much like a Star Wars story (epic music, emotion, etc).

It IS over the top in what the force can do. What is shown in the movies equates to lifting your index fingers VS what is shown in the game,... which equates to driving a garbage truck full of explosives into a volcano that is set off and blows up the entire Earth, sending shards of exploding rock into other planets which in turn then blow up as well. Yes,... it is THAT over dramatic and over the top.

If you are going to play The Force Unleashed 2, be sure to go through the 1st one. It should be available for cheap (on the consoles anyway,...).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

I played FU2 (yes, I chose that acronym deliberately) and I think it sucks hard.

For those who've played it, I got as far as the arena and the battle with the big beastie. At that point, I was so bored, I volunteered to do the dishes.

The game is a straight-forward rail-shooter ... run straight ahead and mash the buttons. Chop up the stormtroopers, toss around the imperial guards, fry the flying guys with Force lightning ... not only is it easy but it is super repetitive.

I loved the first game but this one ... I'll pass. I'm happy I played it on a friend's PC rather than buying it ... I'd be pissed if I spent more than $10 on this game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I've been wanting to play Force Unleased 1 or 2 and see how it compares to Jedi Outcast.

I've played Jedi Outcast and it's force powers look more like the movie's version than FU's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:51 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

RIP IT FROM THE SKY!!! /crazy voice