Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dragon Age
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:41 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Just wanted to see if the PC version of Dragon Age is having the same problem with expansion. Granted I usually game on the PC but I got the xbox 360 version of this game. After completing the game I got the awakening expansion. Ported my character over and not everything ported over right. In the game I married the queen and became king. In the expansion Alister is King. But more importantly I lost my star fang sword, and some of my other gear. Did problems with bringing items over also happen on the PC versions?

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:45 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

If you read the documentation, you'll see that the developers chose an ending and ran with it. It would be very difficult to try to continue each of the varied story lines that were possible after the first game. So .. that isn't console specific .. it is the result of a design decision.

Not sure about the items .. I'd have thought those would carry over, but perhaps they decided not to allow some items to ensure a balanced game.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:48 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

What documentation are you talking about? The Prima guide for the awakening even shows the different intros. Granted they sort of lumped them into either Alistair is king or Anora is queen (and if you married them you have a little kiss scene). Seems like the only dla that transfers content is from the Return to Ostogar stuff. I know some people have said if you uninstall the wardens keep and then upload your character your story line (like if your king or whatever) seems to transfer. That's really poor and such a great game that the dla stuff doesn't play nice (and some of it was out before awakening).

On the xbox forum they said bioware was aware of the problem but couldn't fix it because the patch would be larger than what xbox allows. Didn't know that there was a limit on what you could download, but if that is a real reason, it doesn't hold true for the PC version. Oh well still a fun game, just expected a little more from bioware.