Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Heavy Rain...Please come to PC!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:59 pm 

Hey everyone,
Sorry for this being my second topic of the day.

I am not sure who else has had the priveledge of playing Heavy Rain for PS3 yet.. but wow.. it is amazing how the atmosphere in todays developing games can get you so emotionally attached. By "emotional", I mean in multiple aspects. The actions, dialogue, real life-like interactions and musice grab your attention in every scene and leaves you on the edge of your seat craving for more.

I have never experienced a game like this. I have never played a game developed by Quantic Dream. I have just started playing their older game "Indigo Prophecy" which is much alike. If you have not played Heavy Rain and you own a PS3, I URGE you to try this game. I had no idea this form of gameplay existed until I played it on my friends PS3 a week ago. If anyone knows if this game is coming to PC, please post up so others may know before they go buy for their PS3's.

This is the leaked information I have come across on certain sites for reference...

Wikipedia: Heavy Rain was originally planned to be released also for the PC and to use Ageia, with two separate versions of the game to handle the presence or lack of an appropriate physics processing unit on the computer.[19] However, the game became a PlayStation 3 exclusive [3] and the PhysX engine was replaced by the Havok engine.[

(After viewers noticed Heavy Rain under Nvidia's Physx game list...)
GameSpot:[i]We checked with the PhysX team and learned that it is a typo. Should be PS3.â€

Post subject: Re: Heavy Rain...Please come to PC!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:47 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Jared11 wrote:
Hey everyone,
Sorry for this being my second topic of the day.

I am not sure who else has had the priveledge of playing Heavy Rain for PS3 yet.. but wow.. it is amazing how the atmosphere in todays developing games can get you so emotionally attached. By "emotional", I mean in multiple aspects. The actions, dialogue, real life-like interactions and musice grab your attention in every scene and leaves you on the edge of your seat craving for more.

I have never experienced a game like this. I have never played a game developed by Quantic Dream. I have just started playing their older game "Indigo Prophecy" which is much alike. If you have not played Heavy Rain and you own a PS3, I URGE you to try this game. I had no idea this form of gameplay existed until I played it on my friends PS3 a week ago. If anyone knows if this game is coming to PC, please post up so others may know before they go buy for their PS3's.

This is the leaked information I have come across on certain sites for reference...

Wikipedia: Heavy Rain was originally planned to be released also for the PC and to use Ageia, with two separate versions of the game to handle the presence or lack of an appropriate physics processing unit on the computer.[19] However, the game became a PlayStation 3 exclusive [3] and the PhysX engine was replaced by the Havok engine.[

(After viewers noticed Heavy Rain under Nvidia's Physx game list...)
GameSpot:[i]We checked with the PhysX team and learned that it is a typo. Should be PS3.â€

Have played it on the PS3. Only had one character out of four left when I got done. Guess I didn't do so hot. Because of the controller motion aspect in some parts of the game ( remember changing the baby or taking showers ? ), they would have to adapt it differently for the PC to eliminate that aspect.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:12 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

coastie65 wrote:
Because of the controller motion aspect in some parts of the game ( remember changing the baby or taking showers ? ), they would have to adapt it differently for the PC to eliminate that aspect.

Sounds like a good reason to bring back the Novint Falcon, am I right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:03 pm 

Yeah I really wish Heavy Rain would be ported to the PC. It looks like an very cool and novel game that would work well on the PC.

For those who are brining up the motion detection issues: a wired Xbox 360 controller could probably be used.