Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How I survived STALKER and like Metro 2033
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:13 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

After having played thru all three STALKER games it seemed natural to move on to Metro 2033. To me they are that similar. Since the developers used to belong to the Stalker gang this game shows that very much.

The atmosphere..the resource gathering and of course all the Russian being spoken all around you...even those guitar playing guys are back!

Where the STALKER games fell very non-linear by default ....2033 is on rail tracks...literally. Since you play thru abandoned subway systems that serve as a shelter for humanity its only natural.

It seems like the ZONE in STALKER took over the world....and I don't mind it one bit.

I like the games minimal HUD system to a degree but I miss knowing how much ammo I have left in my weapon of choice.

The gas mask you wear from time to time has a nice touch of realism as it gets worn out and even severely damaged during combat.

I've been told that if I like this game I'll like Fallout 3 ( haven't played it yet but I'm keeping an eye out for a sale on the GOTY ed version ).

I'm enjoying my romp thru STALKER 20 yrs later ...is like Strelok had a kid and now the kid is following his dads footsteps.

I like Metro 2033. How about you guys?

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:08 am 
Northwood
Northwood

I played the first two Stalker games, and the were both fun, except the prequel one ended REALLY suddenly for me. Is the third one fun? Does it pump up the awesome?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:34 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I have Stalker Call of Pypryat and I just can't seem to like it !! I'm not used to puzzle-solving fps games.

Where I came from --> counterstrike source, far cry 2, soldier of fortune series, blackhawkdown, and the likes.

so to me.. switching to STALKER is anything but ordinary