Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Rusky to english
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:21 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Let me start off with this first and for most I know its going to be the first thing that will most likely be posted yes I own my own copy of the game, bought and paid for and loved every single second of playing through Fallout 3 and the subsequent DLCs.

Now with that out of the way I came across an overhaul mod of Fallout 3 titled "Fallout 3 HiRes Edition v4 (2010/RUS/ENG/ADDON)" from the looks of the amount of mods and careful planning that went into it piecing together mods that work well together and get loaded in the right order I'd like to try this overhaul ago. Now the installer itself does install a full copy of the game (remember I mentioned before I already own my own copy), but the installer is in Russian. After doing some research I have come across others that say there is an option during the setup that supposedly changes the installation to English.

What I'm hoping to get help with is translating the installer directions, I've done some translations already with freetranslation.com but there are a number of words that it doesn't seem to be able to understand.

I send a thank you forward to anyone who can help me.

So shown below are screenshots of the installer and what I was able to get for a translation:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:24 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

i had no trouble following the installer prompts. looks pretty easy to follow. language, as far as certain words go seem a bit out of place, but easily read

my translation as guessing would be something like this:

first frame: Welcome Screen
Quote:
Welcome to the Fallotu 3 Installer!
This program will [install] Fallout 3 onto your [Computer]
Press <<Continue/Next>> to continue. Otherwise, the <<Cancel>> button to exit the installation

Second frame: Game Install Information before Starting
Quote:
Information
Please [READ] the follwoing information before continuing
When you are ready to continue the installation, press <<NEXT>>
Fallout 3 v.1.7.0.3 NExus edition will be installed, which includes the following:
1. Game already [unpacked/installed/cracked/patched to 1.7.0.3], which does not include a disc
2. Informal patches are already installed
3. In-game [textures?] patches to fix in-game visuals?
4. Improved sound effects.
5. This version of the game is from(?) 0.10.2, with beta version 1.2. please start game using [installer shortcut, not game copy shortcut(/)?

Third frame: Choosing Install Directory
Quote:
Creating an installation directory
Where would you like to install Fallout 3?
Press Next/continue. installs to default location(?). if you want to choose another folder, click [browse](?)
This game requires 8.7GB of Hard drive space.

fourth frame: Choosing Start Menu Location
Quote:
Choose a Start Menu location (like in the All Programs Menu)
Where would you like the folders to be created?
The program will install the Folders in the All Programs Section of your Start Menu (sorry for wording)
Press Next to continue. if you want to choose another [directory], press the [browse(?)] button
to NOT create a Start Menu folder, check the box.

fifth frame: Other Options
Quote:
Additional Options to choose
Choose additional things to install during installation.
(looks like start menu shortcuts on desktop and quick launch). <--- could be wrong though.

6th frame: Before Innstallation, Review Options
Quote:
please review the following options pertaining to your installation.
when you are ready toi install, press [next] to continue
game is installed (or being installed?) it is recommended to install the high-res DLC pack for Fallout 3 v1.0. First, start the gaame using the Fallout Laungher which will crreate the configuration files in your install directory. starting the game using the Fllout Launcher is NOT recommended.

last frame: Game Installed / Finish/Exit Screen
Quote:
End of installation of Fallout 3
Fallout 3 has been successfully installed onto your computer. (i think it might be pointing to the help section, or something about running the game using the shortcuts)
Press Exit to leave the setup
CHECK BOX: Start/Play Fallout3

MY technical writing is decent, if not super poor, and since i am at work, i don't have a copy of fallout to install and check against the prompts for the actual language being used. i don't claim to understand or know fluent russian, but as a guess, this is what i have come up with. if it is like any standard game installer, these installer programs seem to have a fill in the blank style prompting system, depending on games anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:28 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Yeah i popped mine in just to give it a look over to see if I could some difference in the install options, but no luck. I figured I'd post just encase someone could see something I didn't. There was a post I found on yahooaction.com that was about this game overhaul from back in May from a moderator named Ninja that said he tried it and thought it was awesome and another member posted they couldn't get it into english. He replied back and said it was an option on the first step, or that you could use a registry change to get it into english. I joined the site and replied back asking him to post the entries to change but haven't received any kind of word yet. I'm a little troubled as well the website has been down for a few days now.
Any chance anyone knows what to change?

Oh by the way thank you for not burning this topic right away, I was worried it was going to be taken down as piracy. I love the fact this game can be modified and enhanced by gamers!

Post subject: Rusky to English and Fallout and Windows 7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:09 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Anyone have any issues playing the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 on Windows 7 64-bit?

E6400
Evga 680i
4 GB DDR2
Evga 8800GT
Windows 7 Home 64-bit edition

Randomly the FPS drop, and sometimes going in between areas (going from metro station to surface) the game will stop working and crash.

Already installed the 1.7 patch
any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

What's the specific error when the game crashes? (if there is one, of course.) Didi you install that visual pack, or mods in OP?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:54 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Oh just the usual, fallout 3.exe has stopped working, I'll take a look at it tonight and get the exact details. I use FOMM to manage my mods and I've disabled the mods i've added. same resulting crash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:30 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

it does run if you don't run the Modding program?