Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:17 am
Posts: 2521
Location: Zion
Consolitis wrote:
Phosphorous wrote:
APB I thought was very lame. I BETA tested it for 2 days and hated it.


All the new MMOs just aren't grabbing me like WoW did. It's a shame.

This looked interesting. Oh well - one less game to keep an eye on.


I completely agree.

I tried D&D online, I thought sucked,
LOTR I thought sucked,
BETA tested some Pirate MMO I thought sucked,
BETA tested APB I thought sucked,
BETA tested and played WarHammer for a few months and actually loved that game. It would have been the WoW killer for sure, but the end game sucked ass.

I'm hoping the new Star Wars one coming up will have some good


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:41 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24236
Location: Granite Heaven
2 pages and still no mention of the game to which I'm most looking forward: Civilizations V.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:23 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 496
Location: Indiana...ugh :(
Forgot about Civ V, got Civ IV when it was on sale for like $10 on Steam a bit ago, fun game. cant wait to see what Civ V is like.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:23 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:09 pm
Posts: 1221
I saw a boycot thread on the Civ V forums because people are pissed Spain isn't included. I also saw people pissed that the Babylonians are supposedly going to only be released on the Steam version of the game.

Regardless, I love Civ IV and I can't wait for Civ V. I need to try Colonization too since I bought it on that Steam sale. The Civ series are the perfect travel games because they run well on laptops.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:41 am 
Million Club
Million Club
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 pm
Posts: 76
Jipstyle wrote:
2 pages and still no mention of the game to which I'm most looking forward: Civilizations V.


Preordered it myself; cannot wait.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:14 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24236
Location: Granite Heaven
US_Ranger wrote:
I saw a boycot thread on the Civ V forums because people are pissed Spain isn't included. I also saw people pissed that the Babylonians are supposedly going to only be released on the Steam version of the game.


That is an odd exclusion, given Spain's extensive history, but they can't include everyone. A boycott, though? Really? How about a positive reaction: let's add Spain in a mod!

But that would require the whingers to actually work, right?

The Babylonians are added in the Steam Online Exclusive version .. probably an incentive to buy the online version (cheaper and more profitable for the publisher). I'm ok with that .. I'll be buying the Steam version anyway. :)

Quote:
Regardless, I love Civ IV and I can't wait for Civ V. I need to try Colonization too since I bought it on that Steam sale. The Civ series are the perfect travel games because they run well on laptops.


Colonization sucks balls. But you're right .. Civ IV is a great time killer on long flights and road trips. :)

The changes that they have made to the game are far more than just an incremental update with pretty graphics. The hex tiles will change geographic strategy, the new social advances / tree will change gameplay considerably and the new combat system will drastically change conquest and defense of territory.

Yeah .. I'm excited. :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:58 am 
Northwood
Northwood
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 pm
Posts: 2429
Jipstyle wrote:
The Babylonians are added in the Steam Online Exclusive version .. probably an incentive to buy the online version (cheaper and more profitable for the publisher). I'm ok with that .. I'll be buying the Steam version anyway. :)


Retail purchasers have been getting posters and other cool stuff in their game cases for years, so I'm glad that there's at least something extra that digital purchasers can have.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

© 2014 Future US, Inc. All rights reserved.