Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Favorite Game Moment
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:08 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Yep, another game question. This one is about your favorite game moment. I have several, but my top as of now was one a few months ago. It was in BF:BC2, I was playing Recon on a rush map, and was playing defense. I had the M24, and I saw a helicopter coming towards the point I was defending, so I decided to open fire. I fired four shots that hit, and on the fifth shot, the copter was right over me, I fired, and killed the pilot, his four crew members, and won the game. Awesome moment.

Resistance if Futile,
borg343

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:14 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

There are so many great moments in single player games out there it's hard to just pick one. The end of MW2 is most prominent in my mind because it's the most recent game I've played through.

The big reveal in the first Bioshock has also got to be up there a good ways and pretty much 90% of HL2/EP1/EP2 had something that just made me go "wow".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:19 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

The ending to Dead Space.

Running up the comm tower in Metal Gear Solid for the PS1. Fighting Pyscho Mantis for the 1st time.

Getting into the lab in Resident Evil for the 1st time. It's clear it was all a bio chem mishap, but the horror was still gripping you.

World Of Warcraft, winning your 1st battleground.

Playing Castlevania SotN for the 1st time.

And, many many many more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

The beginning of Half-Life and the realisation that game developers have suddenly realised that they can tell a story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:46 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Jipstyle wrote:
The beginning of Half-Life and the realisation that game developers have suddenly realised that they can tell a story.

I'm digging your style more and more Jip. You keep reading my mind. I couldn't agree more. That opening scene takes me back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:40 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Dragster for the Atari 2600 VCS with a time of 5.59. I wonder if I break out my dusty cartridge 30 years later if I could beat Todd's record.

Pitfall for Atari 2600 VCS - outrageous score also when I was only 5 years of age. I received patches and personal letters from the creator of the games David Crane. I was young... Threw the signed letters and kept the patches.

Super Mario Brothers - won with 1 guy no warp zones

Sonic - won with 1 guy and all collected all gems

Those were all exiting times but I find that playing COD WAW against my brother to be the most thrilling gaming experience I've had so far.

-ddb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:33 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Quote:
Those were all exiting times but I find that playing COD WAW against my brother to be the most thrilling gaming experience I've had so far.

I understand what your saying. I play COD 4 on with my friends, and it's way funner than me shooting the pilot in that helichopper in BF:BC2 (I was alone) even if nothing spectacular happens.