Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:17 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Macs only allow apps that work perfectly with their software. You can't pick from 50 applications to edit media and only allowed one or two Mac-approved apps. Microsoft does the same thing with their phones...too many buttons, no Win7 mobile. Same with any Apple product; but not PC's.

Pick the two apps Mac's use that are so awesome to edit media, we'll run it on a PC, and then put up the numbers. Speculation sucks, and proof is always at hand in a Maximum PC forum such as this. Will Cinibench even run on a Mac to make it quick and sweet?

Aero is for the OS interface dude. Ribbons are for the apps, and I'm finally figuring them out. Movies ARE heavy on the GPU, and rendering them is still on the CPU no matter what platform you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:33 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Chumly wrote:
Macs only allow apps that work perfectly with their software. You can't pick from 50 applications to edit media and only allowed one or two Mac-approved apps. Microsoft does the same thing with their phones...too many buttons, no Win7 mobile. Same with any Apple product; but not PC's.

Pick the two apps Mac's use that are so awesome to edit media, we'll run it on a PC, and then put up the numbers. Speculation sucks, and proof is always at hand in a Maximum PC forum such as this. Will Cinibench even run on a Mac to make it quick and sweet?

Aero is for the OS interface dude. Ribbons are for the apps, and I'm finally figuring them out. Movies ARE heavy on the GPU, and rendering them is still on the CPU no matter what platform you have.

So, then, why is it that when I check my CPU activity, when I tell it to render/process the video, my CPU activity is still floating around the same, whilst the video is being taken care of, but if I tell it to run without GPUA, it runs very noticeably slower and my CPU activity skyrockets? It's what I've noticed anyway. Idk if everyone has the same results, but I'd bet they do or would.

The only video editing apps I've used on a Mac are iMovie and Adobe's CS3/4 suites. I've also used them on Windows, and I didn't see really any performance differences, aside from a little more acceleration, due to the superior hardware in the Mac, lol.

Also, I know that Aero is for the OS interface, I said that already, acknowledging such. I was making the point that, as such, we should be able to see a much further interactive and user-attractive OS GUI. One that's GPUA'd, you know? Microsoft has been borrowing ideas from these people and those and these and those for what? Nearly 3 decades or something? It's about time they innovate, for real. There's so much they have the ability to work with, but choose not to just yet. Hell, Windows 7 could've been designed the same way as the 360's interface is for all I care, as long as it works nice, fluidly and is interactive and usable. I actually really like that interface they have, for the most part. Main point: they've slacked on that, as far as I'm concerned, and it does fall in line with what we were talking about. GPUA'd software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:45 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Why? I asked that, and you answered with a question. You're side stepping.

Whilest, such, acknowledge...that you're mixing the OS with the hardware in favor of the GUI.

Apple is borrowing PC hardware, and it's a definite now that Motorola CPU's are gone. Ya know? Apple hasn't change anything...and I'd be willing to compare to ask where Apple tech is in any Microsoft OS out there.

You've got two buttons. You're welcome! Have you ran that bench yet, or just still venting MAC rules on a PC forum? Three decades? iPhones, and nothing else. They make phones now...they're done, turn 'em over.

Prove it or keep talking about speculative ideas that they sell ya. Let's render bitch. I'm ready to prove this wrong. Mac's aren't awesome but selling Mac fans products...sell out. Just because you don't understand point and shoot, doesn't mean it's not a good product.

You sound like my boss. It's unexplainable, so it must be someone else's fault. Prove it! No, it's his call. No will to use logic, trends, or anything...mac or die!

Run the bench or give more lip service. Ron...you nVidia zealot.