Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Recommended headset for WoW?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 am 

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good headset for WoW. I recently joined a guild and I want to be able to communicate effectively with my fellow members. I don't mind paying a bit extra for good sound quality and comfort as I'll be spending hours of gaming with the headset. Thanks in advance for any advice. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:33 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I myself raid in WoW and was in the same situation, but I got a very good headset to fill my needs, I got the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... tech%20G35 and so far its very good very comfortable and is noise canceling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

Plantronics GameCom 377. Got mine for 20$. Best 20$ I ever spent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

I use the Razer Carcharias for all my gaming. Even in 5+ hour gaming sessions it feels perfectly comfortable and the ears feel nice and cool. Plus the sound quality from the headset is quite good with a deep bass. It delivers crisp sound for music as well.

Razer Carcharias $80
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826153043

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:16 am 

I use Creative MKII headset ($69.99 on newegg) and it is great, comfortable and its noise cancelling mic works very well. If you want a headset for gaming in general I would recommend it. There are a few other headsets that are worth checking, all well described in this article:
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pc-gaming-h ... -1471.html

For MMORPGs like WoW it might be worth going wireless - it is useful for staying in touch with your guild why away from the keyboard. Blizzard and Creative have recently released a headset like this and it is currently on my birthday wish list. See this review.

Post subject: Re: Recommended headset for WoW?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm 

[quote="cruiser"]Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good headset for WoW. I recently joined a guild and I want to be able to communicate effectively with my fellow members. I don't mind paying a bit extra for good sound quality and comfort as I'll be spending hours of gaming with the headset. Thanks in advance for any advice. 8)[/quote]

My suggestions is wherever you buy it from make sure they will take returns in atleast the form of credit as not all headphones are the same for everyone.

Friend of mine wears his for hours when he is playing online but if I wear them for like 20 minutes they hurt my ears, I tried someone elses and they gave me a headache after awhile. The pair my neighbor has never bother me at all, I forgot the model but its a pair of creative brand ones with x-fi built into them. Think he got them off amazon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm 

My thanks to everyone for their advice :D

I like the design of the Logitech G35 since I prefer large earcups that cover my ears rather than rest on them. However, I think I'll go for the WoW wireless headset as I like the wireless feature to avoid any tangled cables (as an aside I really like my wireless Logitech G7 mouse), and I can wear the Alliance lens design to go with my mage character. 8)