Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Custom UBCD help plz...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:32 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

I know it is not quite Linux, but one of my questions is: would it be possible to have GRUB setup on a UBCD? so that I can have, for example, Live Linux, XP Recovery Console, and then the DoS apps, all in different GRUB boot options? any idea on how to get this done if it would be possible?

Also, anyone know of good dos apps that would work on a UBCD that arent included with UBCD?

And third, I am making my UBCD from Ubuntu, and I was looking for a simple way to boot/virtualize the disc, just using and ISO, or just the files...I remembered QEMU, think this would be my best bet? i have used it before to boot virtual Ubuntu while I was at college for a bit, so I wasnt 100% teathered to windoze...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:51 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

I have looked into this before. Here is an article. I plan on doing it with a partition on my 320gb passport. It would be neat to take to a friends house to show off the latest distro's with out having to burn multiple cd's or dvd's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:34 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

k...ty. That should help a bit...I just have to go and get everything running well...

Also, for anyone familiar with UBCD, it said you have to reboot every time you want to change apps, is there any way around this? I was thinking, maybe if the UBCD booted DOS, then each app and had the ability to kill an app, it would just go back to the DOS menu? I was never around for DOS...my first OS was 95...:-P