Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Router issues...RESOLVED!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:23 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:14 am
Posts: 2134
I just switched my laptop from vista to ubuntu, and am getting a weird issue when i try to log into my router...

Router: D-Link DIR-655 @ 192.168.0.2

When I attempt to log in, it gives me this error:

'Permission denied to get property Element.nodeName
[Break on this error] if (xmlDataInstance.xmlDoc.firstChild.nodeName == 'parsererror') {
xml_data.js (line 133)'

Any idea what this is about? Or how to get around it? I log into my router quite often, so this is essential that I can get this to work...

TYIA for any help offered!


Last edited by nebbuchanezzar on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:09 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:20 pm
Posts: 10472
Location: Kansass
Couple things.

Default IP for the D-Link routers is: 192.168.0.1 (not 2)
Is it connected directly via CAT cable computer <---> router?

When it was connected before, and worked, did you change any settings
that would prevent another computer from connecting?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:46 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:14 am
Posts: 2134
DreadedOne509 wrote:
Couple things.

Default IP for the D-Link routers is: 192.168.0.1 (not 2)
Is it connected directly via CAT cable computer <---> router?

When it was connected before, and worked, did you change any settings
that would prevent another computer from connecting?


The default IP is indeed 192.168.0.1, tho I have had people decide to try to 'hack' my stuff, and this just is something else...Most the people around here are idiots, and wanna-be's, they don't know how to scan for stuff, and once I changed the IP to 0.2, most stuff stopped... ;-)

Also, I just tried doing a Remote connection to another Ubuntu 8.04 machine, and that machine connected fine...

EDIT: just checked, this machine now works fine as well...I just removed BugZilla, and I think once it didn't know there was a problem, it doesn't care... :-P so, in short, BugZilla doesn't seem to like my router...


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group