Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: USB gamepad... Linpus Lite (Acer Aspireone)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:05 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Hello long time member and almost as long time no poster :D

however not withstanding,

I received for my bday an acer aspireone... which has been going everywhere with me ... I LOVE this thing

however I have been slowly banging my way thru a couple things ... for the moment I am keeping the Linpus Lite that comes on it cause

a. it boots hella fast

b. Other options have a bunch of compromises of things that are not working correctly so far.

Acer apparently intended your average asiprone user to use what they preloaded and that is about it.. however not too hard to open the thing up to installing other things.

I have installed zsnes and it is running well except my usb game pad doesn't work

Finally the point... I could use some help getting the gamepad so if anyone is familiar w/ getting a usb gamepad (thrustmaster firestorm digital 2) up and running i would be obliged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:29 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Check kcontrol in the peripherals.. that's the easiest way. Let us know if it shows up there (if it does, it should be pretty obvious to you how to use it).

If that doesn't work, open a terminal and type this:

Code:
$ sudo lsusb

That'll tell you the device IDs of each USB item you have plugged in (this IS USB, right?). You can use this information to see whether anyone has written a driver for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:54 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

yurimxpxman wrote:
Check kcontrol in the peripherals.. that's the easiest way. Let us know if it shows up there (if it does, it should be pretty obvious to you how to use it).

If that doesn't work, open a terminal and type this:

Code:
$ sudo lsusb

That'll tell you the device IDs of each USB item you have plugged in (this IS USB, right?). You can use this information to see whether anyone has written a driver for it.

so the Aspireone is running a modified (OEM) version of Linpus you have to do a "hack" to even get access to the more advanced features / and half of that stuff doesn't work as acer did some "strange" (??) things blah blah blah

the point is there is no kcontrol nor comparable place in settings to configure the game pad.

sudo lsusb

shows

bus 002 Device 003: ID 07b5: 9903 Mega World International, Ltd

for the game pad

according to this

http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=1042

just a generic HID driver should work??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:40 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

maddingo wrote:
so the Aspireone is running a modified (OEM) version of Linpus you have to do a "hack" to even get access to the more advanced features / and half of that stuff doesn't work as acer did some "strange" (??) things blah blah blah

the point is there is no kcontrol nor comparable place in settings to configure the game pad.

sudo lsusb

shows

for the game pad

according to this

Want my advice? Ditch the OS. It sounds like a piece of crap. Put Ubuntu on it, and it'll be recognized automatically. There's no point in mucking around with all this, unless you really like something about that distribution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:19 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

yurimxpxman wrote:
maddingo wrote:

sudo lsusb

shows

for the game pad

according to this

Want my advice? Ditch the OS. It sounds like a piece of crap. Put Ubuntu on it, and it'll be recognized automatically. There's no point in mucking around with all this, unless you really like something about that distribution.

ah... see here is the RUB...

a. it boots (usable network up ..etc) in under 1/2 minute (which is pretty awesome)

b. ATM ubuntu has a few problems on the aspire one (no hibernate support ...and the sound is f'd up apparently)

however yeah... the linpus is kinda ticking me off... hopefully in the near future there should be some nice Aspireone remix available (i'm actually hoping for a fully sorted PCLinuxOS remix personally).