Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Back Track
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 am 

Ok, I'm thinking about trying back track should I. I mean it is the most comprehensive penatration set up I've seen.
It can be download here :mrgreen: .

Post subject: Re: Back Track
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:04 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Um okay? I use a USB install with Ophcrack and a bunch of anti-malware and recovery programs installed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

You almost sound like a shill...

Unless your hardware can deal with things like packet injection (I know Intel's wireless cards don't) I really don't see why you'd be farting around with something like this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:29 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Yeah, I use a PCMCIA wifi card.

I'm trying to learn how to use it by trying to hack my own network.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 pm 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

What do you use your the computer it is being installed on for? Choose a distro that meets your needs.

Why do you want to use backtrack? If your intentions are to do something illegally, then you might as well rob a bank because the authorities will catch you soon enough. It is not meant as an everyday use OS. Nor is safe to be logged in as root (su) all the time. It is meant as an option for professionals to use such as white hats to plug security holes.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:49 pm 

I'm interested in learning hacking so i have been thinking of getting back track as well. I'm thinking of starting with a simpler linux first though and get used to that, then move on to backtrack. Anyway tell me how you like it if you get it.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 pm 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

alphablitz wrote:
I'm interested in learning hacking so i have been thinking of getting back track as well. I'm thinking of starting with a simpler linux first though and get used to that, then move on to backtrack. Anyway tell me how you like it if you get it.

I would recommend learning a computer programming language first; C, C++ and Python to name a few. It may seem daunting looking at so many trying to figure out which one to use yourself. The solution is to choose the language best suited for what it is intended to be used for. None is really better than the other in general. Another option would be to simply get a Computer Science Degree where they will or should teach you the basics to get you going on your merry way. Try Slackware or Arch Linux. Keep in mind either is not for those who don't know their way around the terminal. Ubuntu would be a good place to start out if you are new to Linux distros.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm 

Yeah i am planning on triple booting win7, unubtu (to learn linux) and backtrack. I am currently going to school (majoring in math but taking computer science class right now) and i am trying to learn python through MIT's opencourseware intro to computer science class. The CS class at my school is all about getting a broad overview about how computers work (hardware, OS's, networking, ect) but it doesn't teach anything about programming. That's why i am taking that MIT opencourseware class because it is all about python and problem solving by programming. So it is a great supplement to my other class at school. Thanks for the tips btw.