If anyone is having issues installing a program where Installshield is either throwing up a error code or crashing with no reason as to why here is a solution straight from Microsoft. I would proved a link to the steps but since it came up in my Action Center. I can vouch it worked for me on PowerDVD 8 Ultra after the launcher was stopping on a 1628 error. It also stopped my installer from crashing when i tried to install Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Hope this helps others.
Solve a problem with Windows 7 beta
An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.
To solve this problem, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
4. Press Enter to install the solution.
5. If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.