According to the makers of the software App RAdmin, here are 4 common steps that they suggest you check to ensure everything is setup properly:
1. You state that you are using the Local Admin account for the service - this is actually not advised (with most services) because if the Admin username/password changes - its possible to break the service. Instead - choose to use the Local "System Account"......
2. Make sure you are NOT using "switch user" feature.
3. On the server computer go to the Start->Settings->Control Panel -> Administrative Tools->Services. Double-click Remote Administrator service. Go to the Log On tab. Make sure "Allow service to interact with desktop" check box is checked.
4. Make sure you are using lastest video card drivers on server and client.
5. There is a Hardware Acceleration option in Windows, located at "Start->Control Panel->Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshooting->Hardware Acceleration" option which the default is FULL. Try setting it to NONE (both on client and server).
6. Make sure you are running RAdmin 2.1 - 1.1 doesn't work on Win2k / XP.
7. Ensure that the port you have the service setup to connect to and through is available - if it can't access the port - the service will shut down.
8. Try removing it and then installing it as an application (just to see if it works then...).
9. go to r_server /setup -> click "Options" Enable the Log file and then look at the log file for more info. If the log file is enabled - See if it can give us any details as to why its happening. Also check the System and Application Event logs for more info for us.
Thats about all I have - if none of this helps - give us some info from the log files.