Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Better viewer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:30 pm 

Okay, I'm looking for a better video player than window's own media player (er, I think it's 9 that comes with XP pro isn't it?) simple because the files I'm playing have such nice, bassy audio or guitar riffs that Media Player just doesn't handle worth a crap. Someone got suggestions or ways to tweak Media Player (suggestions other than Winamp).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:48 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

well Media Player Classic is nice, Best video player ever if you know what your doing. Many like BS Player and VLC, which may suit you better.

As for audio how many speakers do you have? HAve you configured windows audio properly? Whats your source audio (dvd? mp3?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:20 am 

I'm using Kipsch's 5.1 Ultra stereo system. I only play my mp3s in Winamp and I don't have problems there, but I usually only play video files in Media Player. The files in question here are music videos. Yeah, if the person that capped the video had a POS cap card (like mine, which is "mono") the software isn't a problem. But, I've recently been playing a live concert by my favorite band and it sounds terrible in WMP but almost stellar in winamp (but still not as good as I'm thinking it could sound).

I used to use WMP 6.4 extensively (that's the "classic" version you speak of right?) but moved away from it. Don't ask why, I think it's because I moved on to XP pro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:14 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

No, Media Player Classic is a sort of replication of the the old one, its like the old one on steriods. WAY better than WMP9-10.

Check it:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:24 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I use Winamp for everything, unless it can't handle the format, in which case I use Real Alternative.