Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WinXP Unattended Install Maximum Edition...Input wanted =)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:21 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Have you ever wanted a Windows XP CD that would install Windows XP by automatically putting in your name, product key, timezone and regional settings? Followed by silently installing all your favourite applications along with the latest DirectX, .Net Framework and then all the Windows Critical Updates, registry tweaks, updated drivers, and a readily patched UXTheme.dll without any user interaction whatsoever?

I've always wanted to make my own unattended DVD install of winxp and all my favourite apps...and just leave it for an hour and come back to a brand new system =). I've seen a couple of these DVD Iso's floating around on www.demonoid.com (bittorrent site). They are called Trogdor edition (the ones on the site). Well I was just looking around and found this site...which seems to explain all the steps to accomplishing this task. http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm

Of course I will have to read the whole guide and try it out for myself. =). I was thinking that this would be a great guide to put in a MaxPc how to article...like How To make an Unatended install of Windos in under 2 hours...

Anyways...I started this post so that we could come up with the ultimate WinXP Pro SP2 unattended install dvd. We can call it WinXP Maximum Edition by team MaxPC. =)...So let it begin...reply with any ideas...input...your fauvourite apps and games...and UI...so that we can make the coolest and most functional Software collection ever...

Let the games begin... :D
Post away...
All the best.
Marco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:23 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

So it doesnt look like ayone's interested? Come on...this would be a cool guide once we perfect it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:48 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Troyus wrote:
So it doesnt look like ayone's interested? Come on...this would be a cool guide once we perfect it. :D

Its only been 2 minutes :)

Manta