Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HELP!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:28 am 

I have been using Windows XP SP2 for some time now without issue. But just realized recently an issue with Internet Explorer.

I can open a web browser window just fine. The problem stems when I go to open a new web browser from within IE (i.e. right click "open in new window", or even if I click a link and it opens it up in a new window automatically). When I do, the Address line is all corrupt, basically it shows the graphics of some part of my desktop or window. The browser seems to work fine, except for the address bar. However, I get an error when I close all my IE windows:

*** The instruction at "0x7c9105f8" referenced memory at "0x01fa0010". The memory could not be "read". ***

I did a search for 0x7c9105f8 on Yahoo and got a link to someone else with the same question at Smart Computing but no response. I am not about to pay to be a member there just to ask the same question.

Anyone here have any idea? Thanks for any assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:35 am 
Northwood
Northwood

umm..........try scanning for spyware on your system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:57 pm 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Yeah, try running ad-bot and spyaware. Best recommendation at this here free site.

EDIT
I saw this guys name and had a flashback of Austin Powers--Liquid hot magma....hahahahahahah
Laughed my ass off.

Post subject: Re: HELP!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:54 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Magma wrote:
I have been using Windows XP SP2 for some time now without issue. But just realized recently an issue with Internet Explorer.

I can open a web browser window just fine. The problem stems when I go to open a new web browser from within IE (i.e. right click "open in new window", or even if I click a link and it opens it up in a new window automatically). When I do, the Address line is all corrupt, basically it shows the graphics of some part of my desktop or window. The browser seems to work fine, except for the address bar. However, I get an error when I close all my IE windows:

*** The instruction at "0x7c9105f8" referenced memory at "0x01fa0010". The memory could not be "read". ***

I did a search for 0x7c9105f8 on Yahoo and got a link to someone else with the same question at Smart Computing but no response. I am not about to pay to be a member there just to ask the same question.

Anyone here have any idea? Thanks for any assistance.

This probably won't help as it is for a different problem, but its easy. Clear your cache. CLear your cookies.

It can't hurt and it will solve certain problems similar to what you describe.

What is more likely is that you have a ton of crap running in the background. You might look into that (including virii and spyapps)

Manta