Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Internet Explorer problem in XP, One webpage has problems!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:03 pm 

A friend of mine is having this problem. IE seems to be working normal in XP home with sP2. His banking webpage and I think one other site is having a problem, when you try to log into his bank account, he types in his login and password, when he hits submit, it accepts his password and his accounts page starts to load. You can see the first few graphics of the page load at the top of the page, then the page turns solid white. And nothing. if you hit refresh, it says your session has expired. Even if its only after 5 seconds. The only other problem I've found on the website is if you go to www.flnb.com, if he runs his mouse over the online banking button on the left side of the page, he gets a script error message box. I loaded up mozilla firefox and of course the page loads up fine and he can log in. I can even log in on my pc. What does this sound like? I was wanting to try to uninstall IE and reinstall but I'm having a hard time findign how to do this? What do you guys/gals think about this? Thankyou

Kevn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:06 pm 

Also, one other tidbit. I tried clearing out his cookies and deleting the temp files. When I tried to clear out his temp files, it locks up. It pauses and after you try to click to close the window, it says not responding.

Thanks

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:47 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

that website doesnt work for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:32 pm 

http://www.flnb.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:17 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

KrazyKevin wrote:
...when you try to log into his bank account, he types in his login and password, when he hits submit, it accepts his password and his accounts page starts to load. You can see the first few graphics of the page load at the top of the page, then the page turns solid white. And nothing. if you hit refresh, it says your session has expired.

I tried clearing out his cookies and deleting the temp files. When I tried to clear out his temp files, it locks up. It pauses and after you try to click to close the window, it says not responding.

You are on the right track. It definitely sounds like a cache problem. Try again to delete the cache (Temporary Internet Files). If all else fails have him give FireFox a try.

Post subject: Re: Internet Explorer problem in XP, One webpage has problem
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:40 am 
Northwood
Northwood

KrazyKevin wrote:
A friend of mine is having this problem. IE seems to be working normal in XP home with sP2. His banking webpage and I think one other site is having a problem, when you try to log into his bank account, he types in his login and password, when he hits submit, it accepts his password and his accounts page starts to load. You can see the first few graphics of the page load at the top of the page, then the page turns solid white. And nothing. if you hit refresh, it says your session has expired. Even if its only after 5 seconds. The only other problem I've found on the website is if you go to www.flnb.com, if he runs his mouse over the online banking button on the left side of the page, he gets a script error message box. I loaded up mozilla firefox and of course the page loads up fine and he can log in. I can even log in on my pc. What does this sound like? I was wanting to try to uninstall IE and reinstall but I'm having a hard time findign how to do this? What do you guys/gals think about this? Thankyou

Kevn

it's always possible that spyware could be causing these type of problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:05 am 

Thanks all. I think I'm gonna try the spyware route first. Then go from there. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:00 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Check security settings. Add the web site as a trusted internet site.

Tools - >Internet Options -> Security Tab. Also check that cookies are enabled and you can run scripts on trusted sites.