Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: verifying .NET Framework installed...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:03 pm 

I'm running Windows XP Home SP1 and have downloaded the .NET Framework app in order to use the ATI Catalyst Control Center 4.9. Now that I have the ATI Suite downloaded and ready to install, I can't remember whether or not I previously installed the .NET Framework. Is there a way to verify whether or not the .NET Framework is installed? Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Post subject: Re: verifying .NET Framework installed...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:21 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

rebelyell wrote:
I'm running Windows XP Home SP1 and have downloaded the .NET Framework app in order to use the ATI Catalyst Control Center 4.9. Now that I have the ATI Suite downloaded and ready to install, I can't remember whether or not I previously installed the .NET Framework. Is there a way to verify whether or not the .NET Framework is installed? Thanks in advance for any ideas...

.NET Framework 1.1 should be found in 'Add/Remove Programs' and 'Administrative Tools'.

you can also visit Windows Update and see if .NET Framework is listed under optional updates. it won't be in the critical section, unless it's the SP1 for the .NET Framework, in which case means you already have the Framework installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:35 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

I seem to recall the .net stuff showed up in the add/remove applet.

I also seem to recall that the user manager will also have a user account for a .net system account there.

Being that you're only running SP1, you should be also to determine if the .net frame is in place through the windows update site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:49 pm 
In the lab!
In the lab!

Go to:
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools

There will be two applets listed there:
* Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration
* Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:07 pm 

Thanks to all who replied. I'm left with still one question though. I do have the two applets for Configuration and Wizard in Control Panel > Administrative Tools, but nothing about .NET in Control Panel > Add/Remove. So where does that leave me? If I were to try an install .NET again, would it detect its presence if previously installed? Thanks again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:08 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

It only shows up in Add/Remove if you set on the Show Updates check box at the top of the window.

There is also a service for ASP .Net State Service in the Services MMC is you have XP or Win2K - Right click My Computer, select Manage, expand Services and Applications, click Services - you'll see it listed on the right panel.

If you want to know the version that it's at, go into Programs, Administrative Services and click Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 configuration.
That will bring up a panel that will tell you the version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:33 am 

OK, thanks everyone. Looks like version 1.1 is indeed installed. I'll just slip in the new ATIs now. Thanks again...