Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Internet Explorer 11 will not load into a newly opened tab
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:19 am 

My IE 11 will not load in a new tab after I click on a link. Doing the right-click, copy shortcut, manually open a tab, and then paste the link in the address line works. It is damned frustrating! I have found many instances of this problem doing internet searches but none of the cures I have found works for me.

Besides IE 11, I also have Chrome and Firefox running on my system. The machine has Core i7 860 cpu, Windows 7 Pro x64 w/SP-1 installed on a Samsung 830 240GB SSD, 8 GB system memory. My wife's system does not suffer a similar symptom but her machine is a Core i5-2500 running Windows 7 Home Premium with all three browsers installed. Both systems are running Kasperksy's Internet Security Suite 14. I have tried disabling Kaspersky's, no joy. I have tried making IE the default, rebooted, still no go. I set the Internet Options, Security settings, down to their minimums, and still nothing works. I have not found anything of value on Microsoft's support pages. Any ideas you can come up with may help to reduce my disdain for Microsoft.

Thanks for any help at all!

Post subject: Re: Internet Explorer 11 will not load into a newly opened t
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:31 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I am not too familiar with IE11 but I will try to help. When you say it will not "load into a new tab", what does happen after you click a link? Does it open in the same page or does it open in a new window? You might want to change the settings, probably something under "tabs", so that it opens in a new tab.

I did a google search. Some people have problems where the link opens in a new tab but the page won't load. Is that similar to your problem?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:47 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

You might be able to effectively reinstall it by going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and select "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left side.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:51 pm 

phillyj wrote:
I am not too familiar with IE11 but I will try to help. When you say it will not "load into a new tab", what does happen after you click a link? Does it open in the same page or does it open in a new window? You might want to change the settings, probably something under "tabs", so that it opens in a new tab.

I did a google search. Some people have problems where the link opens in a new tab but the page won't load. Is that similar to your problem?

IE 11 opens a new tab with a blank page. Sometimes the tabs stay blue, sometimes they turn purple, and sometimes they turn yellow. I know it is trying to tell me something, but I haven't figured it out yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:53 pm 

LatiosXT wrote:
You might be able to effectively reinstall it by going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and select "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left side.

Been there, done that too. I turned off IE 11, rebooted, turned on IE 11, and still had the same problem.