Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mp3 tagging nightmare!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Been a while since I've been on here, but I'm searching for some answers that it seems nowhere on the internet can provide. So here I go. I have a collection of around 2250 mp3's in my collection. On my old XP machine I had found a tag editor in the properties section of each mp3 that enabled me to add album art manually (a pain to find the files online, but it was done right!) as well as to add lyrics, song info, etc etc. I moved all my files onto my new Win7 64bit machine and have had nothing but troubles getting the tag information and art to reappear. I had started going through my songs and wound up with a file of around 100 songs that I had spent an eternity manually finding album art for and adding in the properties section of the file.

Now when I go to play these songs the art only appears on the icons in windows explorer. When playing the song album art from only one song in the entire windows file shows. Playing a song by Sting may sometimes show the album cover (only when the player is maximized), then go to play Journey, and Sting's album art is still there. Playing another 4 or 5 songs eventually another file's picture shows in the player. The weird thing is, ALL the songs I had previously tagged actually show the proper cover art I applied to them when viewing the files in windows explorer. I'm trying to get this information to actually stick with the files, to move them into my phone (and show up correctly!). I've tried different music tagging programs and nothing seems to work. Is the problem reading the file with windows player? And just to add, playing the files with VLC has the same problem of the album art sticking with previously played songs. What am I missing here?

Post subject: Re: Mp3 tagging nightmare!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Did you check to see if you have system files and folders enabled? With this option enable you may be able to see your art.

Nasty

Post subject: Re: Mp3 tagging nightmare!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

I've done that. The only thing that did make a difference is clearing out the cache on wmp. I actually hate going through all my mp3's to make them all work on my phone.