Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need Browser Help.......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I love viewing my browser in Full Screen mode which is a quick hit on my F11 button. Really allows me to use all of the real estate on my 24" LCD monitor.

Would like to find out if there is an option either in my Settings or Preferences as to making my browser default to Full Screen all the time. Now, for obvious reasons I need the Navigation/Bookmark/Menu toolbars sometimes until I land on the content that I want.

I need a creative solution. The goal, to enjoy the content on the net in Full Screen mode as much as possible while still being able to use what I need from the Toolbars. Should I lock it in Full Screen mode all the time and just right click and bring up the toolbar I need, when I need it??? Is pressing the F11 button, bringing up Full Screen on the fly, the most efficient way to enjoy Full Screen?

Running Windows 7. Latest version of Firefox. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Need Browser Help.......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

From what I read, if you are in full screen and you close it in full screen, it'll remember that you were in full screen.

Also use CTRL+B for bookmarks, F6 to bring the typing cursor to the address bar. The only thing you can't access readily are the menus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:32 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

oooo.....nice. Didn't know of those options you listed, very cool. I don't know if you know how to type or not but, the bumps they put on the F and J keys tell typist where to place their fingers to start. That's how they teach you in typing class, start with where your fingers go from the beginning. Was thinking of doing something like that with the F11 key, if I just keep using it to go into FS mode it would help greatly being able to feel my way to it. I'll try it and post how it goes, in case other typists are interested in such a mod. Thanks.

ps. I just noticed when in FS mode if I right click the top of the window I get the option to exit FS mode so that certainly helps.

pss. OOOoooo.....just discovered when I went into Customize for my browser there is a FS button I can install. Nice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Thanks again for your help. Just wanted to post that I ended up dropping the Menu Toolbar realizing when I do that Firefox creates a Bookmarks button. Also there is a Firefox button that basically has every function available in the Menu Toolbar so I end up with a happy middle ground. Very close to Full Screen yet still retain all the functions that I dropped.