Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Three questions about Microsoft Word, please help me...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:08 am 

Hello experts !

Would you please help me with these two questions about MSW please ?

1. How can I have several files open "stack" style, it is to say, in a way that I am able to see my main file displayed in front of me and the tittles of several other files "stacked" on top of it so I might "click" on any of them and display it ?

2. Whenever I create a new file (blank document), it suggests me by defatult the font "Calibir (Body)" and the size "11"; can I set my MSW in a way that it suggests me (by default) the font "Times New Roman" and the size 24 ?

3. Where and how can I check which version of MSW I am using ?

Thank you in advance for all your help, best greetings from New York,

Antonio Machado.

Post subject: Re: Three questions about Microsoft Word, please help me...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:17 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

1. Are you talking about a tabbed interface? The only way to do this is through 3rd party plugins like http://www.office-tabs.com/
2. If this is Word 2007 or higher, you have to set the default style to match what you want.
3. Several ways: The shortcut icon, the splash screen when it's loading, pressing F1 to bring up the help window

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 am 

Hello LatioXT, my friend:

Thanks a lot for dedicating a bit of your time to answer my questions, here my comments to your text:

LatiosXT wrote:
1. Are you talking about a tabbed interface? The only way to do this is through 3rd party plugins like http://www.office-tabs.com/

I remember there is an option to have my main document displayed in my monitor and over that one I can see a few of the most recent documents I just opened, so I can make "click" on one of them and have it open immediately.

LatiosXT wrote:
2. If this is Word 2007 or higher, you have to set the default style to match what you want.

Yes, it is higher than Word 2007, but... how I do that ? I mean, how do I set upo the default style ? that is exactly what I need to know...

LatiosXT wrote:
3. Several ways: The shortcut icon, the splash screen when it's loading, pressing F1 to bring up the help window

[/quote]
O.K., yes, my friend: after reading your answer I tried and indeed it appears the "Help" window... but... then what I can I do...? where it appearse the version of the MSW I have in my p.c. ?

Thank you again my friend, best greetings from New York,

Antonio Machado.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

1. If you're talking about most recently opened documents that aren't opened, I believe that's in the main Office button. If they're already open, then you have several options available to you.
2. In the "Home" tab of the ribbon, there's a section called Styles. Right click on "Normal" and select "Modify". Then click on the "Change Style" button to the right and select "Save as Default".
3. Word versions are by year. If you're looking for some numerical version, then at least in 2010, it's under File -> Help.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 am 

Hello again my friend latioXT...

Thanks a lot for your help, here my comments to your texts:

LatiosXT wrote:
1. If you're talking about most recently opened documents that aren't opened, I believe that's in the main Office button. If they're already open, then you have several options available to you.

Hmmm.... not exactly, my friend.

Let me explain myself better: I use hundreds of files during the day, I constantly open them and close them many times during the day...

But there are two or three files which I constantly need to consult, and I remember there is a way to have those "heavy use" files (documents) at hand on the screen, so I can access to them with only one "click" instead of going each time to the MSW buttom, then to the "Open" option, then I have to wait a few seconds, then I have to scroll down and look for the same document and finally make "click" on the tittle of it, then wait a few more seconds and finally see the document...

I make all those steps hundreds of times every day... so I am looking for a solution to have them open in my screen and just make one single "click" to expand them...

Any idea...?

LatiosXT wrote:
2. In the "Home" tab of the ribbon, there's a section called Styles. Right click on "Normal" and select "Modify". Then click on the "Change Style" button to the right and select "Save as Default".

I got it ! thanks a lot...!

LatiosXT wrote:
3. Word versions are by year. If you're looking for some numerical version, then at least in 2010, it's under File -> Help.

I got it... ! thanks to you I got it...!

Best greetings from New York to.... where are you my friend LatiosXT...?

Antonio Machado.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:07 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Typically if you Alt+Tab a lot, it sorts through the last used programs in a Last In, First Out fashion. But I would give that plugin I linked a try. You can quickly access the first 10 tabs by pressing Alt + [tab number], so if you have your three documents in tabs 1, 2, and 3, all you have to do to access them is press Alt + 1, Alt + 2, or Alt + 3. At least what I'm getting at from the product literature.