Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Audio Files Transcription
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:34 pm 

Hi,

Good day to all. I'm just new here and badly need help. Does anybody here knows any software or service where I can transcribe my audio files into text? I have tons of it in different formats and I have no time listening to all of it and transcribe it into words. I'm willing to spend a few bucks for it but better if it will be free.

Thanks,
Allan

Post subject: Re: Audio Files Transcription
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:08 am 

Allan123 wrote:
Hi,

Good day to all. I'm just new here and badly need help. Does anybody here knows any software or service where I can transcribe my audio files into text? I have tons of it in different formats and I have no time listening to all of it and transcribe it into words. I'm willing to spend a few bucks for it but better if it will be free.

Thanks,
Allan

Just want to share this as I have the same problem a week ago and also ask help in some forums. And these all wrapped up to my conclusion.

Using online speech to text services you can convert audio files to text document easily and its more reliable than downloaded software.

Dragon is the most commonly used but can't be taken for professional purposes since you still have to train it.

You may also try a service like http://www.speechtotextservice.com/ or you can hire in elance, freelance, odesk, etc.

But one thing is for sure. As of the present technology in transcription, still nothing is free, unless you still do the work.

Hope this adds up FYI. :wink: