Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Windows Live Mesh (PC syncing) replacement
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:59 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hi,
I have 2 computers that I regularly use. I used to use Windows Live Mesh to keep everything on both computers the same. For those who didn't use it, you could set any folders on your computer to sync with another folder on another computer, and if you changed a file on one, it would auto update the file on the other. Nothing was stored in the cloud, it was all P2P and you didn't have to set anything aside in a specific folder.
MS retired Mesh, and skydrive is a poor substitute, as it does not do syncing, only cloud storage. Dropbox and google drive are the same as skydrive as far as I am concerned.

The only other software I have found that does what mesh did is Cubby, but you have to pay for the pro feature (a sizeable monthly fee) to do the PC to Pc sync.

Are there any free programs that can do this? I could not care less about cloud storage. If I need to use cloud storage, I have dropbox and skydrive and they work fine enough and are free. I only really care about Pc to Pc sync. I like making a file on my desktop and having it waiting for me the next time I use my laptop without having to mail the files etc.

Is there anything out there taht is free? Or cheap? Or a one time payment? I just don't want large recurring payments, those add up way too fast.